Snow blower choice.

/ Snow blower choice. #1  

Ronfire

Tractor
Kioti
I just purchased 2 snowblowers for a good price and plan to keep only one and modify it with a hydraulic motor to work on my Bobcat.
My question is which one to keep. 1 is an Allied 6' blower the other is a Snow Lander 7'. Wondering if anyone has some advise on which one to keep. Like the idea of the 7' Snow Lander but there is more information on the Alied 6' blower.

/ Snow blower choice. #2  
Could they really be that different?

/ Snow blower choice. #3  
6' is a pretty good size.

Don't know how powerful the Bobcat is, but if it were me, I'd go with the 6'. It's not that much smaller.

might make a difference when you're making the first pass after a heavy snowfall, as taking in 7' of snow vs 6' might require you to go real slow. Obviously after the first pass, you can adjust how big of a bite you want to take.

/ Snow blower choice. #4  
What's the overall width of your bobcat tires or tracks? You just want to be sure that your snow blower is a little wider.

/ Snow blower choice. #5  
Most long(ish) driveways are cleared out and back because the machine is parked near the house or barn. An odd number of passes and the machine ends up at the wrong end. Six foot would do around 10' wide with a good overlap. If your drive be wider (like 12'), go with the 7'.

Running condition, ease of conversion, and parts availability would likely ***** driveway width.

/ Snow blower choice. #6  
You don't list a general location, so it is hard to tell what "winter" amounts to in your area compared to other areas..

You list a Kioti tractor.. I have to presume a compact of some kind.. Maybe the one blower will fit that...

A hydraulic motor run by a skid steer is a whole different source of power than usual pto or other tractor power options..

/ Snow blower choice. #7  
Allied for sure. Hollow auger is a world better than the McKee augers. The McKee augers turn into white pipes at the word sticky snow. The Allied blowers I have used handle wet and or heavy snow very well. The cutting edge setup on the Allied is a bit poor but it is a much better blower. The one problem with the Allied blowers is the auger is three inches too high up, meaning they are hard to push and leave more snow at the end. On a snowblower you want the bottom of the auger to be within and inch or so of the ground. As a side note the McKee blowers all have very high augers also, they are also helped by lowering the auger.