Snow blower evolution

/ Snow blower evolution
Hi Dave - Years ago I had a rotating-drum type blower, in a walk-behind size - around 7 hp. Tangential discharge is great for throw distance. The Schulte RDX117 rotating drum design is great for BIG scale snow. If winter gets like that here in MA I'm going with BoylermanCT's post ;)

Last edited:
   / Snow blower evolution #12  
I'd rather shovel and plow snow till I'm dead , than move to fla.:drink:

/ Snow blower evolution #14  
Amen brother. I would rather shovel and plow snow, scrape car windows, sand an icy sidewalk, and repeat all of his 8 hours later, than deal with a 114 degree July day in Arizona. And not just 114 during the day, it cools all the way down to 102 at night. And what about fighting all of those biting and stinging vermin that don't have to survive a minus 20 morning? No thanks, give me a nice tractor (with a heated cab of course) and I will plow snow from November to April.

/ Snow blower evolution #15  
Amen brother. I would rather shovel and plow snow, scrape car windows, sand an icy sidewalk, and repeat all of his 8 hours later, than deal with a 114 degree July day in Arizona. And not just 114 during the day, it cools all the way down to 102 at night. And what about fighting all of those biting and stinging vermin that don't have to survive a minus 20 morning? No thanks, give me a nice tractor (with a heated cab of course) and I will plow snow from November to April.

Differences make world go around.

I do not like winter - cold and snow. I want to go outside, play some tennis, take a long walk, see the beach or read a book by the pool.

Right now it’s -1 in St. Louis but 70 in Tampa.

A no brainer for me.

Wherever you are, have fun and be safe.

MoKelly

/ Snow blower evolution #16  
Hi Dave - Years ago I had a rotating-drum type blower, in a walk-behind size - around 7 hp. Tangential discharge is great for throw distance. The Schulte 117 rotating drum design is great for BIG scale snow. If winter gets like that here in MA I'm going with BoylermanCT's post ;)

================================================================================================

AH!!!, I bet it was an 8 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine with red paint and a Yardman brand snow blower with the Pelican emblem eh??

/ Snow blower evolution #17  
Its starting to snow here and its cold and I am very happy that the ground is frozen and
I am hoping for many fewer deer and blood ticks and chiggers and fewer bad bugs in the soil.

/ Snow blower evolution #18  
On blowers where the auger chain is exposed and runs in snow: Is this a problem. Do you have to oil the chain after every use? Grease?

Last edited:
   / Snow blower evolution #19  
   / Snow blower evolution #20  
On blowers where the auger chain is exposed and runs in snow: Is this a problem. Do you have oil the chain after every use? Grease?

Seems like if you oil the chain after every 8 hours of use everything should be fine, also check the adjustment, so far I haven’t had any problems but this is only the first year owning a blower.