Rotary Cutter Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor?

/ Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor? #11  
I have a braber/agriease 5' rotary cutter Braber Equipment - Rotary Cutter Its chinese but seems to be reasonably heavily built. 600lbs for a 5' and 725lbs for the 6'. It was a few years ago but it was $800 new and my only regret is not getting the 6' for a bit more. They have a real round stump jumper which the lighter duty name brand ones didn't, and the paint was sticking to it(I guess they are still allowed to use real paint in china?) Some of name brand ones had the paint flaking off at the dealership.
I haven't really bent the back of it yet backing into things and its cut lots of turf. I have a hydraulic top link so I angle it up and back into shrubs, little trees that way, then drop it right down to the ground. You can use grade 2 bolts for the shear pin, but I found they broke to easily and went to grade 5 and only break them when they should. Anyways, the brabers sure aren't HD commercial cutters but for the price and given 95% of the time its cutting grass trails at my place it does the job.
Tractor with cutter.jpg

/ Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor? #14  
   / Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor?
I have a braber/agriease 5' rotary cutter Braber Equipment - Rotary Cutter Its chinese but seems to be reasonably heavily built. 600lbs for a 5' and 725lbs for the 6'. It was a few years ago but it was $800 new and my only regret is not getting the 6' for a bit more. They have a real round stump jumper which the lighter duty name brand ones didn't, and the paint was sticking to it(I guess they are still allowed to use real paint in china?) Some of name brand ones had the paint flaking off at the dealership.
I haven't really bent the back of it yet backing into things and its cut lots of turf. I have a hydraulic top link so I angle it up and back into shrubs, little trees that way, then drop it right down to the ground. You can use grade 2 bolts for the shear pin, but I found they broke to easily and went to grade 5 and only break them when they should. Anyways, the brabers sure aren't HD commercial cutters but for the price and given 95% of the time its cutting grass trails at my place it does the job.
View attachment 652496

Thanks. I like the idea about the hydraulic top link. Maybe this is something I should consider, it looks like it would make a rotary cutter more usable with tall brush.

/ Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor?
When shopping compact tractor heavy duty Rotary Cutters look for ~~~1,000+ pounds weight, ~~Category 4 drive line~~ and ~~chain guards.~~~

320 pounds? And you have twenty acres to mow ?!?!

I do have 20 acres of more open field, but I can use my 72" HD finishing mower for long grass, weeds and small brushes. I am trying more to find a solution for the heavy/dense bushes that are not covering 20 acres. It is more like 2-3 acres maybe, but once it is knocked down, I could start using my HD mower in these areas again. The LaneShark has very thick gauge steel (1/8-1/4"). The lower weight is mostly due to the smaller blade diameter. Since it is mounted on the front loader, it would be easy to attack the tall bushes with that. I could also use it to trim the stuff that grows on the side of the field too...

/ Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor? #18  
Chain guard frame protrudes because it has a slight amount of flex/shock absorption designed in.

Blade diameter is almost meaningless in this context. What counts is blade thickness and blade breadth.

Heavy work should be done from the Three Point Hitch.

/ Solution for Heavy/Dense Brush with 34 hp PTO tractor? #19  
The traditional root eradication implement is a turning (moldboard) plow. Traditional plows INVERT the soil, so most of the underground roots are exposed to the sun, dry out and die.

Compact tractor plows come in 12" - 14" - 20" widths. You need a plow width at least as wide as the width of one rear tire width, as right/rear tire has to roll in the bottom of a plow furrow. Plows will penetrate about 1/2 of their width into the soil and invert from midpoint upward. Plowing beautifully is a tractor skill that takes quite some time to learn.

A double (two bottom) turning plow in 14" width will invert 28" of soil per swathe, plowing approximately one acre per hour. (Probably 1/2 acre per hour while learning plow adjustment.)

CANADIAN VENDER: Braber Equipment - Plows

Jeff it is not inverted as in rolled completely over, if you measured it in degrees using unplowed as 0 it turns it over about 135 degrees.
Also that growth could not be effectively plowed unless mowed and mulched or disced prior to plowing.