Sometimes this all gets confusing

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing #1  

rockarosa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4550
Went and looked at some tractors today . Want to buy one with a loader and a 60 inch deck. Stopped by my Mahindra dealer and he quoted me $17,000 for a Max 24 HST. Also looked at a eMax22 Hst for $ 15,000. Since I shop a lot before buying I looked at a Kubota 2380 with loader and a 60 inch deck. The price was $15,900. Then I Stopped at a New Holland--- Massey dealer.He had a Massey Gc 1715 , 25 Hp with loader and a 60 inch deck for $13,000. Also had a New Holland boomer 24 hp for around $17,500. I liked it but it sits high and seems like it would be hard to trim close. Wondered if anyone here has the Mahindra 22 or 24 Hp and how they liked it. Also wanted opinions on the prices I was quoted.

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing #2  
Most SCUTs have pretty similar specs. For me it came down to which one handled the best and seemed the most comfortable to work on. I ended up with an emax 25 and so far so good.

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing #3  
Is the Massey Gc1715 a HST also? It's price is way below the rest, I am guessing something is not an equal match compared to the rest. However I have been wrong before, my wife has a complete book of those examples!!

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing
Yes the Massey 1715 was a HST. After looking and comparing the tractors and pricing I bought a Kubota BX 2380 with a loader with a cutting blade and a 60 inch mowing deck. Price was $14,500. So far I am happy with it.

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing #5  
Yes the Massey 1715 was a HST. After looking and comparing the tractors and pricing I bought a Kubota BX 2380 with a loader with a cutting blade and a 60 inch mowing deck. Price was $14,500. So far I am happy with it.

Massey makes a fine SCUT, But it has really tin tires like lawn tractor.

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing #6  
recheck the bx series vs the max 24 - if you need glasses - wear them. it is most obvious the difference. for what it is worth...

I bought a Mahindra 4550 with fel last year. I needed this for my lawn and doing landscaping. So far I am happy with it.

/ Sometimes this all gets confusing #8  
Went and looked at some tractors today . Want to buy one with a loader and a 60 inch deck. Stopped by my Mahindra dealer and he quoted me $17,000 for a Max 24 HST. Also looked at a eMax22 Hst for $ 15,000. Since I shop a lot before buying I looked at a Kubota 2380 with loader and a 60 inch deck. The price was $15,900. Then I Stopped at a New Holland--- Massey dealer.He had a Massey Gc 1715 , 25 Hp with loader and a 60 inch deck for $13,000. Also had a New Holland boomer 24 hp for around $17,500. I liked it but it sits high and seems like it would be hard to trim close. Wondered if anyone here has the Mahindra 22 or 24 Hp and how they liked it. Also wanted opinions on the prices I was quoted.

If this is your first tractor, I recommend that you spend a lot of time and attention picking a good dealer for yourself. Just as much if not more attention than you pay to the tractor itself. Choosing a good dealer will pay off after the sale when you need some work done and the warranty supported. Going for the lowest price alone can often prove to be costly.

My Mahindra dealer has been at the same location selling Mahindras for 27 years. Treats me good. The Kubota dealership is 10 miles from me and has been there since I was a kid. I am now 65 years old. I am happy with both purchases . They both are the right tractor for my needs.