spam

/ spam #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Why is this spam on the today's posts all the time now? 2 pages are full of it.

/ spam #2  
I thought this was "taken care of". Obviously, there are opportunities for improvement here.

/ spam
I thought this was "taken care of". Obviously, there are opportunities for improvement here.

It makes looking up Today's posts impossible. See you later after this is fixed.

/ spam #5  
What i saw last night went away quickly.

/ spam #6  
It seems that no matter what changes are made by administration the spammers find a way around it. I don't know the purpose of the spamming other than to disrupt or slow us down from reading and posting. What does a spammer gain by doing this crap other than being annoying to the rest of us.

/ spam #7  
It seems that no matter what changes are made by administration the spammers find a way around it. I don't know the purpose of the spamming other than to disrupt or slow us down from reading and posting. What does a spammer gain by doing this crap other than being annoying to the rest of us.

There are a few reasons for it, to propagate internet search results with links for better ranking, get you to click, etc. Big G tends to blacklist the sites using the links from search results. These are coming too fast to be people. Most likely a bot or a set of bots that have the authentication routines down :( We were having to deal with them last year on a small hobby forum I frequent.

/ spam #8  
180 pages and counting of new entries in the "new member introductions" in Korean so far today.

/ spam #9  
180 pages and counting of new entries in the "new member introductions" in Korean so far today.

Well at least they were kind enough to post in the new member forum. :laughing:

/ spam #10  
Well at least they were kind enough to post in the new member forum. :laughing:
Yeah, I suppose that makes it a bit easier to clean up the mess that they left behind!! I don't understand what purpose they could possibly have for doing that though??