Splitters and Wood, show your pics!

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #141  
I built one years ago that I would hook to my backhoe hydraulics, it worked really good for what it was.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #142  
All we had to split firewood was double bitted
and single axes, wedges and sledge hammers
and we always split when everything was frozen
and it didn't take very long to split a lot of wood.
Wood will split very nicely when frozen. I have
seen people split their firewood in the summer
its a lot harder to split when not frozen

willy

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #143  
Yup,
Williy you're right, we used to split all of our stove wood by hand and you're right it sure made it easier if it was frozen. I miss those days, it was a simpler time, the work was hard, and life was good.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #144  

Attachments

• 20201216_081906.jpg
    20201216_081906.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
  • 20211026_171640.jpg
    20211026_171640.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 20211026_172450.jpg
    20211026_172450.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
   / Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #145  
Most folk already have one, of one size or another,

Resized-20211030-115306-6851-S.jpg

best cutting table I've ever seen/owned/used.

SR

I thought that you were talking about most people owning a firewood processor, and was expecting to see a picture of you splitting wood with your wife. :D

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics!
I never could understand why someone would want to pimp themselves, or their wives out to get more hits on their channel? Kinda reminds me of the other poplar sawmill/firewood channel where the guy pimps his wife out in tight cloths all the time, just to get folks to watch his channel.

I guess that's what makes the world go around...

SR
Well Sawyer, when you get more hits on your channel, you make more money. Good looking women with nice frames attract more viewers than fat guys with beards.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #147  
Well Sawyer, when you get more hits on your channel, you make more money. Good looking women with nice frames attract more viewers than fat guys with beards.
I didn't say "pimping" didn't work, but it's still pimping for sure.

I guess the vid isn't good enough to get the views without it ...

SR

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #148  
That's different for sure, from the looks of how it's made it should be pretty stout. How does it do in some of the knots?
The original builders sharpened the wedge like the leading edge of an F-104. It slices right through knots and I have to be careful not to cut my fingers on it. Not sure what kind of steel or heat treat is on it but it stays sharp.

/ Splitters and Wood, show your pics! #149  
I think that's the only splitter I've ever seen that has a pressure gauge at the ram.
Yeah, it looks like they patterned the basic design after a hydraulic press. Hard to believe high school kids designed and built this thing without supervision or help. They are both friends of mine and one of them thinks like an engineer. He’s an industrial electrician and probably makes more than engineers.