Squirrels, in house. What to do?

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #11  
Once they take up residence, they will do anything to get back to their ' home '. Going to have to kill them.....

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #12  
Squirrel nests in gutter? Either you have really small squirrels or really large gutters.

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #13  
Pennsylvania. New roof 5 yrs. They might not be in attic, but have found nests in gutter. Gutters have guard against leaves.

Cheers

Yeah, I would think even in Western PA it is still too warm for squirrels to seek shelter in an attic. I have lots of squirrely stories from my days as a telco repairman. They are storing nuts and stuff for the winter in your gutters it sounds like. If they're still outside, the air gun idea works well. Beyond that, not much you can do. Squirrels multiply like rabbits so get a large tin of pellets and check your attic periodically for signs of light signifying they've gnawed a hole. But never shine a flashlight at a squirrel in a dark attic.

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #14  
We have had squirrel problems once in awhile & I live trapped them, then drowned them while they were in the trap. Gotta put the trap where mice & birds won't get at the bait; they trip it and escape.

The critters around here are very alert and it's hard to get within shotgun range. I set out some cardboard, about 4 ft. across, paced off 45-60 ft. (I think) and using #8 shot checked the pattern from my 12 ga. Too many empty spaces in the pattern to be sure of a kill & that shot is pretty small. Larger shot = fewer pellets = more holes in the pattern. I doubt I could get any closer, so I'm sticking with the trap.

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #15  
We have had squirrel problems once in awhile & I live trapped them, then drowned them while they were in the trap. Gotta put the trap where mice & birds won't get at the bait; they trip it and escape.
I've done the live trap, but I also ended up getting skunks and one bad tempered possum that wasn't too happy about getting caught in the trap.

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #16  
Yeah, I would think even in Western PA it is still too warm for squirrels to seek shelter in an attic. I have lots of squirrely stories from my days as a telco repairman. They are storing nuts and stuff for the winter in your gutters it sounds like. If they're still outside, the air gun idea works well. Beyond that, not much you can do. Squirrels multiply like rabbits so get a large tin of pellets and check your attic periodically for signs of light signifying they've gnawed a hole. But never shine a flashlight at a squirrel in a dark attic.

LOL! What happens when you shine a flashlight at a squirrel in a dark attic?! Please tell me there's a good story behind that.

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #18  
LOL! What happens when you shine a flashlight at a squirrel in a dark attic?! Please tell me there's a good story behind that.

Never happened to me, though one did run across my back once while strapped onto a pole in East Dallas. A guy in our crew (big guy- looked like Samuel L Jackson) was looking for the chewed up phone wiring in an attic. Heard some rustling sounds and pointed the flashlight toward the noise. Squirrel runs right at him, jumps on his arm, climbs to his shoulder, and jumps off his head. Darrell is simultaneously soiling his pants and jumping feet first off the joists. Lands on his feet in the living room right in front of the old widow who was watching TV. Squirrels are afraid of people. They think the flashlight is an escape to the outside.

/ Squirrels, in house. What to do? #19  
Never happened to me, though one did run across my back once while strapped onto a pole in East Dallas. A guy in our crew (big guy- looked like Samuel L Jackson) was looking for the chewed up phone wiring in an attic. Heard some rustling sounds and pointed the flashlight toward the noise. Squirrel runs right at him, jumps on his arm, climbs to his shoulder, and jumps off his head. Darrell is simultaneously soiling his pants and jumping feet first off the joists. Lands on his feet in the living room right in front of the old widow who was watching TV. Squirrels are afraid of people. They think the flashlight is an escape to the outside.

:laughing: