SSQA, From the Seat Release

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #41  
or lift it with upper attachment point, roll it back and shoot your pins or wedges
True, that is the way it is normally done but I believe he was talking about when a very light attachment makes it a bit more difficult to first get hooked under the top.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #42  
Isnt your pin engagement visible from the seat if you lift the implement and curl forward?
Lifting and curling forward is exactly what you'd do to drop the implement if it's not pinned.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #43  
Lifting and curling forward is exactly what you'd do to drop the implement if it's not pinned.
Well, yes, if you keep your eyes closed to prove your point -- or just generally have NO clue about what to look for as you do it.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #44  
I really like this idea. I have bad knees, so the less times I need to climb up and down off the tractor, the better.

I have a 3rd function kit, that only really gets used when I'm hooked up to the grapple. I could use a small hydraulic cylinder off the third function kit, and simply have it in the latched position when using the grapple. OR, I could use a few blank spaces I have on the pillar in my cab for a switch and use an electric actuator. Either or, should be kinda simple. Might be a fun project in the near future.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #45  
Someone has perhaps mentioned this but it seems that 3rd function and hydraulic SSQA go hand in hand. Most implements don't require 3rd function so the the hoses stay "quick connected" to the SSQA. Then, when a grapple, for example, is attached and the SSQA is "engaged" the two hoses are then switched to the grapple, right? Removing the grapple then moves the hoses to the SSQA.

I can see the economy of the electric actuated SSQA but if you're going to have the 3rd function why not make use of it on the SSQA clamping? It gives you a clean place to store the hoses and quick couplers when not using the 3rdF, right? The hoses have to be handled regardless when mounting and dismounting a 3rdF attachment.
On our stuff, the machine has a diverter valve to switch. Having to switch hoses around would kinda defeat the purpose.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #46  
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #47  
On our stuff, the machine has a diverter valve to switch. Having to switch hoses around would kinda defeat the purpose.
I probably didn't make myself clear that a diverter valve or equivalent is required to utilize a third function such as a grapple, right? An extra set of hoses is required as well as quick couplers if other attachments will be used on the loader.

The grapple function and the SSQA latch function are never required at the same time but each requires a diverter and a set of hoses. I'm just saying that a person can easily share the valve, hoses and quick couplers between the grapple and the SSQA latch since they have to be uncoupled when removing the grapple anyway.

Then the hoses need a place to be stored and most folks attach the pair to each other to keep the couplers clean when not used. Instead, just plug them in to the quick couplers on the SSQA lock so meanwhile it is available for mounting and dismounting attachments.

As a side note, hoses, with their gender identity, will keep the movement direction the same with regard to the diverter valve for both the grapple and the SSQA lock. (P.S.--"Gender identity" used above with tongue in cheek political correctness. Notice I did not say male and female excluding the third variation :)

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #48  
You can do it with a 3rd function & 2 manual diverter valves.

Leave the valves set to the SSQA.
If you hitch up an impliment that needs the 3rd function, hitch up as normal. Then get off, hook up hoses & turn diverters to feed the 3rd function.
To unhitch get off, unhook hoses & return diverters to SSQA.

You'll have to always get off the machine to hook or unhook hoses. But there won't be any extra trips on or off the machine other than that.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #49  
You can do it with a 3rd function & 2 manual diverter valves.

Leave the valves set to the SSQA.
If you hitch up an impliment that needs the 3rd function, hitch up as normal. Then get off, hook up hoses & turn diverters to feed the 3rd function.
To unhitch get off, unhook hoses & return diverters to SSQA.

You'll have to always get off the machine to hook or unhook hoses. But there won't be any extra trips on or off the machine other than that.
There wouldn't be any extra "trips" with the scenario described in my post. You get off the tractor once when mounting the grapple and once when dismounting the grapple. No manual diverter valves required, just the usual 3rd function valve. Its just making better use of the 3rd function to power both the SSQA lock and the grapple.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #50  
Well, that's me, at least the first time....
For most everybody no doubt. Rare to have both latches disengaged or maybe "half" latched. The latter would be the harder to catch as it would uncurl sans cue and might then let go suddenly and fall off. Usually at least one latch is fully seated retaining the implement well enough to allow a looksee to assure both are seated.