SSQA, From the Seat Release

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #61  
That would require a 4th function valve in addition to the 3rd function valve or at least an additional diverter valve. Right? I'm saying let the 3rd function valve handle both. The hoses to the grapple have to be disconnected right? Just plug them in then to the SSQA lock when doing so for storage as well as function.

The grapple or any other function will never be required when the SSQA lock is being used and vice versa. Right? Someone please tell me if I'm overlooking something here.
you need the SSQA to hold the grapple on. so your plan would leave the SSQA in manual mode when using the grapple. this would not work for me as the main reason for this is to keep the SSQA locked when im using the grapple, brush keeps unlocking mine, as well as me being Lazy.

i'm thinking adding a diverter valve so the operation is:
1. for non-3rd function attachments just connect and disconnect from the seat.
2, for 3rd function attachments hookup and lock the SSQA then get off the tractor and change the diverter valve position while hooking up the 3rd function to the attachment.

Last edited:
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #62  
The spring loading of the SSQA latch is adjustable on our Kubota. I adjusted it for more latching force and now carry a 4 foot piece of steel pipe to use as a cheater to give me more leverage to open and close those spring-loaded SSQA latches.
I guess I could have just used a latch locking pin or something like that instead of increasing the spring force to where I needed a cheater, but I'm basically kind of simple and the pipe was handy. It fits into that round cross tube on the loader along with the everpresent hoe and shovel. A bungy cord keeps them from sliding out.
rScotty

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #63  
you need the SSQA to hold the grapple on. so your plan would leave the SSQA in manual mode when using the grapple. this would not work for me as the main reason for this is to keep the SSQA locked when im using the grapple, brush keeps unlocking mine, as well as me being Lazy.

i'm thinking adding a diverter valve so the operation is:
1. for non-3rd function attachments just connect and disconnect from the seat.
2, for 3rd function attachments hookup and lock the SSQA then get off the tractor and change the diverter valve position while hooking up the 3rd function to the attachment.
I may not be understanding exactly what you are saying, but the SSQA would be locked when using the grapple. The SSQA cylinder would keep it locked.

Edit: Would actually be safer in that the hoses to the SSQA cylinder would be disconnected so accidentally unlocking is averted. This is in reference to using the 3rd function valve to operate the SSQA as well as the 3rd function (grapple or whatever) by switching hoses between the two.

You have to get off the tractor to connect or disconnect the 3rd function hoses regardless so why not store them plugged into the SSQA?

Last edited:
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #64  
I may not be understanding exactly what you are saying, but the SSQA would be locked when using the grapple. The SSQA cylinder would keep it locked.

Edit: Would actually be safer in that the hoses to the SSQA cylinder would be disconnected so accidentally unlocking is averted. This is in reference to using the 3rd function valve to operate the SSQA as well as the 3rd function (grapple or whatever) by switching hoses between the two.

You have to get off the tractor to connect or disconnect the 3rd function hoses regardless so why not store them plug

ged into the SSQA

You have to get off the tractor to connect or disconnect the 3rd function hoses regardless so why not store them plugged into the SSQA?
if you connect the 2 fittings going to the SSQA then the hydraulic circuit is connected and the cylinder can move under load.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #65  
The spring loading of the SSQA latch is adjustable on our Kubota. I adjusted it for more latching force and now carry a 4 foot piece of steel pipe to use as a cheater to give me more leverage to open and close those spring-loaded SSQA latches.
I guess I could have just used a latch locking pin or something like that instead of increasing the spring force to where I needed a cheater, but I'm basically kind of simple and the pipe was handy. It fits into that round cross tube on the loader along with the everpresent hoe and shovel. A bungy cord keeps them from sliding out.
rScotty
mine is already so tight that i need help sometimes, but brush going thru the slats on my grapel still opens it, pulling back with one side unlatched is an exciting experience, but i have already done that and have the tee shirt so no more for me thanks.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #66  
if you connect the 2 fittings going to the SSQA then the hydraulic circuit is connected and the cylinder can move under load.
Not exactly sure what you mean by "move under load" but the SSQA cylinder won't extend or retract unless the 3rd function directional valve is actuated. Right?

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #67  
Not exactly sure what you mean by "move under load" but the SSQA cylinder won't extend or retract unless the 3rd function directional valve is actuated. Right?
i was referring to the idea of just plugging the the SSQA cylinder into the 3rd function and then unplugging it when using the 3rd function with the grapel and then plugging the SSQA male end into the female end to keep them clean, if you do that the 2 sides of the cylinder are connected and the cylinder can move because the fluid can move between them

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #68  
Ok, I see what you're saying. I think it would be best to have no hoses permanently attached to the SSQA cylinder, only quick couplers. Then, when using the grapple, there could be no transfer of oil between rod and piston ends of the cylinder.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #69  
Ok, I see what you're saying. I think it would be best to have no hoses permanently attached to the SSQA cylinder, only quick couplers. Then, when using the grapple, there could be no transfer of oil between rod and piston ends of the cylinder.
I hear you, but I still like my idea of a diverter valve and the SSQA cylinder permanently plumbed in. but to each his own.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #70  
the volumes are different on the cylinder side and the rod side so technically they may move a little but they won't move a lot.

Mine has a tee and ball valves . you have to get out to hook the hoses anyways and having the ssqa cylinder plumbed in permannently just reduces the chances of contamination.