ssqa snow plow build under way

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #61  
I foresee a pretzel in your future. With no trip system and fairly small mounting, be ready for a hiccup. In the meantime, get some more hood time with the welder.

Ditto.
That Lil plow on a compact tractor will need to be babysat every inch of the driveway. No way you will be able to float the fel and not bulldoze into the ground. The bucket was a totally different scenario as you had the whole bottom of the bucket to use as a giant skid.

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #62  
I'm kind of late to the party, but since I am planning on doing something very similar, just a few questions. What thickness is your SSQA plate? How much snow do you get when it snows in your area? I am using the 60" blade I have from when we sold our old Kioti and bought the new Kubotab2650. It is significantly heavier than the one you used, but like you, I am using what I have. We did get a 63" front mount blower with our machine, so the plow project for me is kind of just a for fun thing. I can easily see 12-16" of snow per storm, as we get close to 200" per year on average. Right off of Lake Erie in the heart of the snow belt. Post some pictures or video of it in action once the white stuff starts falling! I tend to agree with others about having the chain method for floating as well as the float built into the loader, but it looks like you have a paved driveway so, i don't think you will have much of a problem. I have a gravel driveway, so I don't want a lot of down pressure until things get frozen and packed in or it would be a weeks worth of raking in the spring. I did see the Kubota offering for the SSQA plow attachment and it does not have any float built into the unit itself. I do have a few pictures of that, but they are on my phone. Bottom line is, it's all about using what you have and having a fun experience when building something like this.

I bought three saws from Titan. They have nice stuff AND they sell in different thicknesses. I used the 1/4 one for my stuff. One was for Forks That i made. Had the forks only built the backing for the two forks. I have lifted over 2K lbs with them

/ ssqa snow plow build under way
Ditto.
That Lil plow on a compact tractor will need to be babysat every inch of the driveway. No way you will be able to float the fel and not bulldoze into the ground. The bucket was a totally different scenario as you had the whole bottom of the bucket to use as a giant skid.

Read the whole thread, it's all been talked about already. Plow doing great.

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #64  
Well guys, I finally got a chance to try it out today. Only a few inches of snow, but it got soaked with rain overnight, so kind of heavy. Well sorry to bust some bubbles here lol, but the plow did not turn into a pretzel. :dance1:

I was a little worried before that the blade wouldn't sit flush with the ground when angled. What I did was loosen the screw at the pivot point where it angles, and then yanked the plow up and down a bunch of times on each side to loosen the bracket at the pivot point, allowing for more play (up/down and side). This allowed the blade to float even more, so that's a win overall. Plow did great.

View attachment 681517 View attachment 681516

Gene, Glad to here your SSQA plow system finally got some plowing action, good job !

For those that see the water glass "half empty", please give it a rest because you are not helping Gene.

And some are saying your plow blade does not have a trip system, I have a difficult time seeing now a days and I can even see the 2 large "Trip Springs" and the round pivot rod...

KC

Gene, Glad to here your SSQA plow system finally got some plowing action, good job !

For those that see the water glass "half empty", please give it a rest because you are not helping Gene.

And some are saying your plow blade does not have a trip system, I have a difficult time seeing now a days and I can even see the 2 large "Trip Springs" and the round pivot rod...

KC

Thanks KC. No worries about the naysayers, it's just background noise.

And....

trip springs.png

**TRIP SPRINGS**

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #66  
Yes gene, I did read thru. Just giving my thoughts since you used it just once. Glad it did the blacktop drive that one time. Did you use the Float or did floating tend to overscape?

Yes gene, I did read thru. Just giving my thoughts since you used it just once. Glad it did the blacktop drive that one time. Did you use the Float or did floating tend to overscape?

I've used it 3 times now actually, twice on mine and also did my neighbor's paver brick drive. I have the blade float, not the loader, it's been out working great.

This was the first big snow, cleared my and neighbor's driveway.

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #69  
Good video Gene. My turn Tuesday, got my min mount plow on this afternoon.
IMG-9063.JPG