ssqa snow plow build under way

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #41  
   / ssqa snow plow build under way
Guys, mounted up it looks legit! It has it's own float simply by fact that it has a lot of slop in it. Look it:

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #44  
I think for plan b that's a good idea, KC. I got lots of delrin from work, it would be nothing for me to drill some holes in the shoes and line them with delrin.

But I think for my uses, the plow should work just fine as is. Like I said, I don't necessarily even need to float it. Sometimes I don't float the bucket with the snow edge, and it plows the snow all the same.

"Pretzel" shmetzel lol, these dudes on here, they're talking like I'm taking this plow off my paved/flat driveway. "...you are going to mangle this the first time it starts to catch or dig in." Catch on what, a boulder that's gonna magically appear on my driveway? :rolleyes:

You get ice where you live? That is as immovable an object as any bolder if you dig in and then find a spot that is more frozen. You said the unit has enough slop to float itself a bit, so maybe it won't happen, but I didn't say it for fun, I said it from experience. In my case the whole structure wasn't going to bend as it was very sturdy, but it just lifted the whole front end of the tractor and stopped it cold. Yours doesn't have that kind of structure, so when you catch on some ice or whatever, yes, it will be pretzel time. You do realize that the people here are actually trying to help and give you the benefit of their experience, don't you? If not, then that's fine. I really don't have anything more to add after that. I hope it works for you but my experience says it is not likely to hold up.

Good luck.
-Dave

You get ice where you live? That is as immovable an object as any bolder if you dig in and then find a spot that is more frozen. You said the unit has enough slop to float itself a bit, so maybe it won't happen, but I didn't say it for fun, I said it from experience. In my case the whole structure wasn't going to bend as it was very sturdy, but it just lifted the whole front end of the tractor and stopped it cold. Yours doesn't have that kind of structure, so when you catch on some ice or whatever, yes, it will be pretzel time. You do realize that the people here are actually trying to help and give you the benefit of their experience, don't you? If not, then that's fine. I really don't have anything more to add after that. I hope it works for you but my experience says it is not likely to hold up.

Good luck.
-Dave

Hey bud, what are you using your plow with, your Kubota L5240? I got a GC1710. If I hit something that is gonna turn something else into a pretzel, I'd rather it pretzelize my fuggin plow as opposed to the loader arms on my little massey, thanks.

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #46  
As I said, I wish you good luck. I'm out

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #47  
Hey bud, what are you using your plow with, your Kubota L5240? I got a GC1710. If I hit something that is gonna turn something else into a pretzel, I'd rather it pretzelize my fuggin plow as opposed to the loader arms on my little massey, thanks.

Yah. Just go super slow and you will be aok....although the fun part of plowig is snow flying off the ditches. I pretzled and ARtic Plow..heavy duty metal. We tried to fix.it would plow..but never the same. Was on a monster machine though. 12000lbs with a nice little PErkins pushing it.... i got carried away and pretzled on a snow bank. ... but where you live maybe lots of snow from lake? NIce area of Illinois... always rented Audis when on business in that area.. you never know what you would run into..let alone the horrible highways.

Yah. Just go super slow and you will be aok....although the fun part of plowig is snow flying off the ditches. I pretzled and ARtic Plow..heavy duty metal. We tried to fix.it would plow..but never the same. Was on a monster machine though. 12000lbs with a nice little PErkins pushing it.... i got carried away and pretzled on a snow bank. ... but where you live maybe lots of snow from lake? NIce area of Illinois... always rented Audis when on business in that area.. you never know what you would run into..let alone the horrible highways.

Thanks man. Yeh, we do get snow here, although I'm on the west end of lake county, so don't get the lake effect. Well sounds like you were Plowing, capital P...big rig and all that. Me, I'm just clearing off my driveway with a subcompact tractor, same thing I was doing with the same plow mounted on a garden tractor. I'm sure it will be fine, if it's not, I'll just weld some more metal on it, no biggie.

TBN is mostly great, but does have a few dudes that like to come on here with a bunch of patronizing negativity, "you should listen to me, I know everything, you know nothing" lol.

/ ssqa snow plow build under way #49  
I adapted my JD318 blade to go on my Kioti CK20 - bit heavier then your MF. The JD blade is heavier duty then yours, has an option to lock-out the springs to turn it into a light duty dozer blade. (stress light duty!) It's tough enough that I can lift the front end of the tractor and it doesn't pretzel itself... Admittedly I try not to do that and I'm not hard on it. Works great for snow. Having said that I'm in the process of modifying it to allow it to float and finally finishing the hydraulic angling... I ran it the past couple winters without having float (other than the loader arms) and it worked well enough but having the blade able to float vs the loader is going to be better for sure - should keep the front end from getting off the ground.. I found that depending on circumstances with the loader floating eventually if I was pushing enough heavy snow the front end still ended up going in the air. Like I said the blade is tough enough to take it in my case. But that's why I'm now going to add some float to it. I'm also going to set it up so I can lock that float out if I so desire.
See how it works for you, worst case you got a welder, and you'll get to do more practice welding!

E.

I adapted my JD318 blade to go on my Kioti CK20 - bit heavier then your MF. The JD blade is heavier duty then yours, has an option to lock-out the springs to turn it into a light duty dozer blade. (stress light duty!) It's tough enough that I can lift the front end of the tractor and it doesn't pretzel itself... Admittedly I try not to do that and I'm not hard on it. Works great for snow. Having said that I'm in the process of modifying it to allow it to float and finally finishing the hydraulic angling... I ran it the past couple winters without having float (other than the loader arms) and it worked well enough but having the blade able to float vs the loader is going to be better for sure - should keep the front end from getting off the ground.. I found that depending on circumstances with the loader floating eventually if I was pushing enough heavy snow the front end still ended up going in the air. Like I said the blade is tough enough to take it in my case. But that's why I'm now going to add some float to it. I'm also going to set it up so I can lock that float out if I so desire.
See how it works for you, worst case you got a welder, and you'll get to do more practice welding!

E.

Everhard, this one is snow/dozer blade as well, has the lockout. A few years back, I was using it with the garden tractor to [try to] flatten out ruts my pigs made after I moved them to fresh grass. It was a struggle with the light tractor, but the blade took the beating, no problem. Sure wish back then I had my massey with the ratchet rake for the job!