Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #21  
amhicks21 is right. If you have electric 3rd function valves (full on/off) you will want restrictors or your plow will really slam on angling. I used 0 to 5 gpm needle valves from Surplus Center. They work well on my M5640 tractor. I also used a cross over relief valve for SC. Plow cylinders had a warning not to exceed 2500 psi all over them. My tractor runs at 2800 plus when you push into a solid bank or hit something you will want hydraulic relief to protect the cylinders.

View attachment 755489

gg
Gordon,

Very thoughtful mounting configuration that reduces the plow's leverage on the tractors loader arms.

Well done.

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #22  
Gordon,

Very thoughtful mounting configuration that reduces the plow's leverage on the tractors loader arms.

Well done.

Thank you - but I can't take credit for the idea, I stole it from TractorNH. He posted this thread

I works very well though. The plow floats the same as a truck plow but I can also get hydraulic down pressure for back dragging.

P1000299.JPG

P1000307.JPG

gg

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #23  
Occasionally I run across some good well thought out work on TBN while trying to be helpful to others. I see you improved on TractorNH's design by adding gusseting at an obvious weak point.

We all get better by standing on the shoulders of the ones who go before us so long as we are willing to listen.

I miss the skiing but not the 30"+ of snowfall. I remember one year plowing with a Ford 350 superduty and having snow coming up over the hood. Had to put 2 ton of sand in back to push with plow angled, otherwise the back just pivoted around the blade.

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #24  
It's coming...!

One of my Maples...taken this morning.
1415029920.jpg

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed
Finally got the snowplow all finished. It turned out really nice, but over budget naturally.

Attachments

• 20221015_143220.jpg
    20221015_143220.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
  • 20221015_143232.jpg
    20221015_143232.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 107
  • 20221015_143246.jpg
    20221015_143246.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
   / Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #26  
Today, everything goes over budget, just saying. Filled my gas cans ant the mini van this AM and it was over 100 bucks, certainly over budget...lol

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed
I had earlier estimated $600. Then i decided to add the crossover relief valve. I've got approximately $600 in it at this point, but still need to pay my dad for the plow itself and use of his welder.

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #28  
Finally got the snowplow all finished. It turned out really nice, but over budget naturally.
PreacherM,

Nice looking finished snow plow adaption. Interesting how each you, PreacherM and Gordon Gould, each produced essentially the same outcome but by different designs.

I chose a different route to remove snow. Moved from CT to TN & NC. Snow arrives and then wait for a few hours and snow disapears. :)

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #29  
I chose a different route to remove snow. Moved from CT to TN & NC. Snow arrives and then wait for a few hours and snow disapears
Where's the fun in that?

/ Ssqa snowplow conversion advice needed #30  
Where's the fun in that?
Fun is riding a motorcycle 12 months of the year. The highway departments don't salt or sand the roads so no rusty clap trap cars and no coming around a bend in the road, on a motorcycle, to find it covered with sand.

Fun is going to autocross events ( "solo" ) and high performance driving events in all 12 months of the year.

Fun is not having to add anti jelling additive to my tractor's diesel fuel in the winter time and being able to dig in the ground without having to break thru the frost layer.