Starlink

/ Starlink #1,701  
Has anyone in Pennsylvania gotten Starlink yet, if so what part? Just wondering if any cells are opened yet.

/ Starlink #1,702  
Speed increased from 4 down/.25 up to 50 down/6 up, which is max speed as the gateway is throttled. A Verizon phone gets 200 MB down at our place. The 50/6 is plenty for our needs. Also the Verizon Gateway has AX Wi-Fi capability which matches the Wi-Fi on our new desktops we treated ourselves to for Christmas.
We have Verizon MiFi which costs us $80 a month.... You gave us your speeds, how much bandwidth do you get for a month with your plan? We only get 15G.

We pay out the nose for incredibly slow internet. Verizon is the only option here. We are on the list for Starlink, but I am reluctant to get too very excited as to how soon we'll get it...been signed up for about a year.

/ Starlink #1,703  
Has anyone in Pennsylvania gotten Starlink yet, if so what part? Just wondering if any cells are opened yet.
I'm also in PA., up in the northeast corner. Signed up for Starlink 9 months ago and was recently told mid to late 2022 before service would be available.

Verizon's Gateway 4G wireless internet became available here last month and I signed up. It costs $50/month and I'm getting 45 down & 8 up. A huge improvement over the $60/month DSL service I had and for $10/month less! Sort of takes the pressure off waiting for Starlink.

/ Starlink #1,704  
I signed up many months ago also, then got the email postponing the availability date then a bit later the email it was available,
received the box yesterday haven't even opened it up yet.

/ Starlink #1,705  
My son set his old system up for me to try. I currently have Huslessnet. Its through cricket wireless.
$55 for 100 gb and easily outruns the sat.
He changed to an unlimited plan through some one else.

/ Starlink #1,706  
Signed up for StarLink long ago ... heard nothing so far. We are trapped on HughesNet for now.

/ Starlink #1,707  
We have Verizon MiFi which costs us $80 a month.... You gave us your speeds, how much bandwidth do you get for a month with your plan? We only get 15G.

We pay out the nose for incredibly slow internet. Verizon is the only option here. We are on the list for Starlink, but I am reluctant to get too very excited as to how soon we'll get it...been signed up for about a year.
The Verizon LTE Home Internet is unlimited data. When you click on it you can search to see if it is available at your location. We are waiting for 5G coverage.

1639617166308.png

/ Starlink #1,708  
We currently have Verizon dsl internet that is all that is available to us right now other than Hughnes net. Our speed is usually between 1 -2 mps down and .68 up. We have very poor cell phone service also even using we boost it is difficult to use a cell phone and have good reception. I have put my deposit down for Starlink on Feb. 9 and was listed as mid to late 2021 but now it changed to by mid 2022.

/ Starlink #1,709  
I am in Susquehanna County, but was just pushed back. I know of one person near scranton who got it but no one near me. I was pricing out fiber cable to do something similar to what Alan posted his son did but its almost 1k just for the fiber.... So we wait, and wait, and wait.....

/ Starlink #1,710  
The Verizon LTE Home Internet is unlimited data. When you click on it you can search to see if it is available at your location. We are waiting for 5G coverage.
I have V LTE HI and depending on plan depends on if data is unlimited or not. I had a choice of 20G, 60G, 100G or 200G of data, then after that speeds would be severely limited. Limited to the extent it is basically unusable. We are rural enough that 5G is not available and they don't expect it ever will be. We have fiber optic on our street, $150/month for 100Mb/s download speeds, with $8500 install costs. Neighbor had the fiber installed to his house and he is not happy as his download speeds don't come close to the 100Mb/s advertised.
My Starlink due date has changed from MTL 21 to March 22. I can't wait.