Starlink

/ Starlink #3,401  
No no no. Everybody listen to me. Don't sign up for starlink, it's bad, don't tell you friends to sign up either. There is no more bandwith available. Please stop encouraging people to sign up ! please.... every day my speed gets slower, please...

/ Starlink #3,403  
Stuck with 4G & a Verizon "jet pack" here. We have line of sight to several phone towers down in the valley, but we believe we are being throttled-back.

Hughesnet was a big disaster for us.

Area coverage; having to buy to a service to find out if it works, reads like a DC career politician saying "we have to pass the budget to find out whats in it"..🤔

/ Starlink #3,404  
Stuck with 4G & a Verizon "jet pack" here. We have line of sight to several phone towers down in the valley, but we believe we are being throttled-back.

Hughesnet was a big disaster for us.

Area coverage; having to buy to a service to find out if it works, reads like a DC career politician saying "we have to pass the budget to find out whats in it"..🤔
Be sure to restart your phone often. The tower will recognize you as a new user and possibly give you better service than a phone that has been connected for days upon days (throttled)

/ Starlink #3,405  
You're the first person I've ever heard say anything good about Hughes net.
Never had Hughesnet, but we did have Wildblue/Excede when we first moved here. A little faster than dialup, but not by much...200k on a good day. Latency was high.

/ Starlink #3,406  
I had Hughesnet for about 12 years. Only option for internet unless I wanted dialup. The Gen5 worked okay until covid hit and then I was lucky to get 2 download and no upload. Summer of '21 I was able to get T Mobil 5G home internet and had speeds of over 300mbps. Last fall I was finally able to get Frontier fiber optic Gig service. I had signed up for Starlink in February '21 but it still shows not available until mid '22 and that's long past.

/ Starlink #3,407  
Just saw where Spacex launched 48 more Starlink Satellites 🛰️. Increasing the herd!

/ Starlink #3,408  
Just saw where Spacex launched 48 more Starlink Satellites 🛰️. Increasing the herd!
This is the third launch into the next orbital shell. It will take 3 months before these are active. These not only increase 'the herd', but it also increases the connection options for dishy leading to relief of congestion and faster speeds.

/ Starlink #3,410  
I have rented a house for the last year, where I get T mobile 5G. if I could get that where the house we built is, I would keep it. But that will not happen for ten years. The only option I have for decent internet is my Starlink. averaging about 45g download the last few months. I am extremely happy with that.