Starlink

/ Starlink #2,001  
Got our notification this evening. Located in NW Missouri. Have a friend located in Topeka KS that recieved his notification today as well.

View attachment 733888
For those who have been thinking about canceling and reordering later I just checked another address for my area. It shows we are already at capacity and new order may not be fulfilled until 2023 or later.

/ Starlink #2,003  
There have been a ton of "my order is coming!" posts on the Starlink FB and Reddit groups. Looks like things are opening up a bit.

/ Starlink #2,004  
After a year mine finally arrived a couple days ago. After some confusion with the location app, I found a less than idea spot, but it is up off the ground on the roof and working. I will probably have to take down an oak tree to make things better, but it is ok for now. Initial problem is that the 75' of cable does not put it in a good spot for connecting throughout the house. Solutions pending are (1) order the ethernet adapter and connect that to our Asus AX mesh router located more centrally in the house or (2) get the 150' cable and move the router to a more central location. I'm going to try the first solution, but some casual reading on the net suggests folks have problems with connecting the Dish to some Asus mesh routers. If bypassing the Starlink router doesn't work, then adding the cable and moving the router is my only choice until there is some other Starlink mesh option.

note: the driver who delivered mine said there were many out for delivery in the past week or so.

Last edited:
   / Starlink #2,007  
What's the status of "mobile" Starlink?
I spend about half my time in Mississippi and half in Virginia.
Possibly coming sooner than you think. One of the folks who has been using Starlink on their travels across the country just found that they no longer are having to change their service address each time they move. There is a setting in the controller called 'Roaming' that may be related.

/ Starlink #2,008  
I can't access one particular website/forum that I frequent using Starlink. Every other website I have tried is no issue, but this one will never load. When I switch back to my DSL connection no problem loading that website.

Below is the result when I go into terminal mode and use traceroute. I do have a trouble ticket into SL support, but no reply yet. My first thought is to reboot the router, but I am not sure how to do that. Do I put it into "Stow" mode then remove power or is it something else? I don't need to change the router name and password, just reboot.

Last login: Sat Feb 19 11:17:44 on ttys001
xxxxxxxxl@Johns-Air ~ % traceroute thepaceline.net
traceroute to thepaceline.net (66.113.234.208), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 starlinkrouter (192.168.1.1) 4.775 ms 5.353 ms 4.717 ms
2 customer.chcoilx1.pop.starlinkisp.net (129.222.32.1) 38.636 ms 38.578 ms 36.939 ms
3 * * *
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *

/ Starlink #2,009  
That site also failed to load for me over my Starlink connection. The most likely situation is that the IP(s) for that web site have been placed on a blacklist for some reason. Often this is because either the site was found to host malware or is the source of e-mail spam or something like that. Sometimes the site owners are unaware of the situation since they may not know their systems are being exploited.

ISPs and other companies rely on various blacklists to choose which sites to protect themselves from. In this case, apparently Starlink may be using a different set of filters than your DSL providers.

Contacting Starlink to request that they whitelist the site may work but in all likelihood it won't. Best bet is to notify the web site in question and suggest that they try to find out if and why they may be on naughty lists.

/ Starlink #2,010  
My brother who lives down the road from me, and I both got our notifications Tuesday, when I used the link to confirm, Bang! They used them "card on file", and the deed was done, now we are waiting for the shipping notification.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Pallet of Welding Leads, Approx. 1000' - 2/0 (A33349)
Pallet of Welding...
Weldcraft WP-9 FV-25R Tig Torch Package - 25' (A33349)
Weldcraft WP-9...
John Deere 34 Manure Spreader (A33041)
John Deere 34...
2024 JMR 78in Skid Steer Dual Cylinder Grapple Rake (A32932)
2024 JMR 78in Skid...
2021 Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium EPS (A33544)
2021 Polaris...
MILLCREEK MANURE SPREADER (A32908)
MILLCREEK MANURE...