Starlink

/ Starlink #2,052  
Dumped DSL and went with Verizon 4G LTE internet 3 months ago. Worked well for the first 2 months with 40+ down and 8+ up 24/7. now however, it drops to 8 down & 1.5 up during peak times in the evening and especially on weekends.

Anyone else notice this?

I may go with Starlink after all if my number ever comes up.

/ Starlink #2,053  
My Verizon 4G LTE has been pretty steady. Starts at 60-70 for download and then throttles back to 50. It will slow down to 30 in the evenings sometimes.

1646142938076.png

/ Starlink #2,055  
Dumped DSL and went with Verizon 4G LTE internet 3 months ago. Worked well for the first 2 months with 40+ down and 8+ up 24/7. now however, it drops to 8 down & 1.5 up during peak times in the evening and especially on weekends.

Anyone else notice this?

I may go with Starlink after all if my number ever comes up.
that's going to be different per Cell tower.

/ Starlink #2,056  
that's going to be different per Cell tower.
True but it makes me wonder how slow it will get as Verizon adds more customers per tower.

The same will likely happen with Starlink over time but I doubt it would ever get as slow as the 4G LTE service.

/ Starlink #2,057  
True but it makes me wonder how slow it will get as Verizon adds more customers per tower.

The same will likely happen with Starlink over time but I doubt it would ever get as slow as the 4G LTE service.

They prolly have a limit, I have read this before, that they will block people similar to what starlink does.

/ Starlink #2,058  
I just sent a support request to StarLink. Infrequent outages began on Saturday but not too bad. Last night it became unusable. Up until now the service has been great (3 weeks in). I haven’t changed anything or moved the dish. No obstructions. The dish is flipping around and scaring the squirrels.:sneaky:
1646170367405.png

/ Starlink #2,059  
4G LTE internet 3 months ago. Worked well for the first 2 months with 40+ down and 8+ up 24/7. now however, it drops to 8 down & 1.5 up during peak times in the evening.
We used 4G from a local guy (private labeled from T-mobile) for 3 years and decent results. It started to get annoyingly slow during peak times about three months ago.

We just put in a microwave link which has been great -25 M / 35 ms ping- (except in an ice storm).
I put in for Starlink last February but may give up my slot which is coming this month.

/ Starlink #2,060  
I just sent a support request to StarLink. Infrequent outages began on Saturday but not too bad. Last night it became unusable. Up until now the service has been great (3 weeks in). I haven’t changed anything or moved the dish. No obstructions. The dish is flipping around and scaring the squirrels.:sneaky:
View attachment 735571
Mine went flakey for half a day contacted support they are supposedly sending a replacement unit out.
I did a quick 5 second power off and back on 5 minutes later it was up and normal.
Prior to that they had asked me to do the rapid 3 times power off/on which resets everything to factory defaults,
and updates the operating software which didn't seem to do much.