Starlink

/ Starlink #2,301  
Network issues seem to be consistent with, I think, issues with your ground stations (and their connectivity). You could let Starlink know but I suspect that they are on it already.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #2,302  
Starlink has been performing almost perfectly for almost 2 weeks until yesterday. For the last 24 hours, I have been getting 10 to 15 second service interruptions every 4 or 5 minutes. The Starlink app shows no obstructions and all are listed as "network issues". I tried rebooting the system but it made no difference.

Anyone in the northeastern section of PA have the same problem?
I experienced a similar issue here in south Georgia. I received my Dish2 in early February. It worked great for three weeks then started doing what you described along with ‘Unknown’ reasons. No obstructions. I emailed StarLink and they sent me a new entire kit within a week or so. I’m sure glad my initial install was temporary. (Still is :) )

Last edited:
   / Starlink #2,303  
I really like watching Country View Acres. Evan received a new Starlink and he built a mounting bracket for the dish, routed the wiring and used a Netgear Network Extender. Great video for a newbie like me and helps us get ready. Fingers crossed on the mid 2022 arrival.

Here's the link if you guys are interested. Country View Acres: Starlink

Last edited:
   / Starlink #2,304  
Network issues seem to be consistent with, I think, issues with your ground stations (and their connectivity). You could let Starlink know but I suspect that they are on it already.

All the best,

Peter
We have been experiencing bad weather where I live in northeast PA. The same storm also hit the Starlink ground station that serves me in eastern CT. I thought the problem might be weather related so I waited before contacting customer support.

The service returned to normal shortly after the storm passed. I suppose it could be a coincidence. We've had other storms pass through since I installed Starlink with no noticeable service degradation. This last one was the worst though with prolonged periods of heavy rain.

Time will tell if this will be a recurring weather related problem. It will be a bit upsetting if the Starlink service isn't reliable during bad weather.

Anyone else notice weather related problems?

/ Starlink #2,306  
The sad thing is, I noticed an eBay vendor that seems to be selling multiples. The current prices start at $35 and go up to $575 on eBay...

Yes, I am still waiting for the one that I ordered way back when. ;)

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #2,307  
I am still waiting for the one that I ordered way back when.
I recently received the invitation to sign up for Starlink. The backorder on the ethernet adapter was described as "available late April 2022." I wouldn't wager any money it will actually ship by then ...

I ordered Starlink for two properties. At first, it seemed odd I would get a Starlink order filled first in Nevada. That property has a much higher population. But it also has a lot of providers who have wired up homes with DSL, fiber, etc. So maybe demand is less due to that.

In contrast, in CA, its a rural property where *everyone* wants Starlink because there is little-to-no infrastructure for DSL, fiber, or other alternatives. Even cell service is very spotty. So maybe much higher demand due to that.

/ Starlink #2,308  
   / Starlink #2,310  
The sad thing is, I noticed an eBay vendor that seems to be selling multiples. The current prices start at $35 and go up to $575 on eBay...

Yes, I am still waiting for the one that I ordered way back when. ;)

All the best,

Peter

FWIW, this is the timeline for my orders:

2/18/21 - Ordered dish & router kit, roof pivot mount, extended 150' cable and ethernet adapter.
3/24/22 - Received dish & router kit with standard 75' cable.
4/10/22 - Received shipping notice for ethernet adapter with FedEx delivery date estimated to be 4/13/22.

The roof pivot mount and 150' cable are still backordered until mid 2022.