Starlink

/ Starlink #2,261  
You are correct. Having both Wifi's turned on will not interfere with anything
Yea I'm going to strongly disagree here. If both of them are on the same channel (happens more times then I can count) they are now competing with each other, which raises the noise floor, and sometimes lowers performance dramatically. although some people may not notice, it definitely hurts performance

/ Starlink #2,262  
Yea I'm going to strongly disagree here. If both of them are on the same channel (happens more times then I can count) they are now competing with each other, which raises the noise floor, and sometimes lowers performance dramatically. although some people may not notice, it definitely hurts performance
Never seen it cause an issue. I literally have an apartment complex where I can see no less than 40 gateways all running WiFi 6 on fiber and all works as it should. What is your theory and where have you seen it cause issues more times than you can count? If the routers are sitting side by side, maybe. But if there is more than say 10' between the routers it will not cause an issue and more than likely not cause an issue if they are sitting side by side.

Last edited:
   / Starlink #2,263  
Never seen it cause an issue. I literally have an apartment complex where I can see no less than 40 gateways and all works as it should. What is your theory and where have you seen it cause issues more times than you can count?
I'm not going to dive into this, there is a million resources about channel interference and noise floors. its not a theory, its a major component in wireless planning. and most people don't notice the difference between 10mbit and 100mbit, doesn't mean there isn't a huge performance hit. you are literally competing for airwave time. on a regular AP this causes hidden node problems etc. im not going to even discuss spatial streams and wifi 6 , which is specifically design to try to work with this, since wifi is half duplex.

there are huge designs for colocation and gps sync type transmitting in larger environment.

its literally the reason 5.8 was created, because it doesn't go through walls as well as 2.4, and has more channels to deal with congestion.

Last edited:
   / Starlink #2,264  

They just charged my card so it looks like I might see the either net adapter. thanks everyone for posting. I read on hear somewhere that When you go to the either net cable on the router you shut off the wifi? Then the nifty APP on your phone doesn't work anymore. How do you do any diagnostics on the router and dish after doing this? Can you go back in and turn the star link wifi back on. I'm thinking no.

if I read everyone correctly that would be why you want to use the above? For those that have had failures, how important is the APP?

/ Starlink #2,265  

They just charged my card so it looks like I might see the either net adapter. thanks everyone for posting. I read on hear somewhere that When you go to the either net cable on the router you shut off the wifi? Then the nifty APP on your phone doesn't work anymore. How do you do any diagnostics on the router and dish after doing this? Can you go back in and turn the star link wifi back on. I'm thinking no.

if I read everyone correctly that would be why you want to use the above? For those that have had failures, how important is the APP?
turning off the wifi should not kill the app, I don't have starlink, but can you put the address in for the router in the app and get the info back?

/ Starlink #2,266  

They just charged my card so it looks like I might see the either net adapter. thanks everyone for posting. I read on hear somewhere that When you go to the either net cable on the router you shut off the wifi? Then the nifty APP on your phone doesn't work anymore. How do you do any diagnostics on the router and dish after doing this? Can you go back in and turn the star lin the phone app will not workk wifi back on. I'm thinking no.

As I understand it if you turn the Starlink WFI the phone app will not work,
you can supposedly log into the Starlink router using your browser NOT the app.

As I said I have the Starlink router WFI running and the ethernet adapter to my netgear router,
both are working and both show very good results on speed test and in normal usage.
I have tried to overload by having 2 TV's with Fire sticks running, 2 phones on the wifi running videos, 2 kindles streaming video,
and both laptops streaming videos all at the same time.
The 2 Firesticks, 1 Phone, and 1 Kindle were on the Starlink WFI, the others on my Netgear router WFI.

/ Starlink #2,267  
As I understand it if you turn the Starlink WFI the phone app will not work,
you can supposedly log into the Starlink router using your browser NOT the app.

As I said I have the Starlink router WFI running and the ethernet adapter to my netgear router,
both are working and both show very good results on speed test and in normal usage.
I have tried to overload by having 2 TV's with Fire sticks running, 2 phones on the wifi running videos, 2 kindles streaming video,
and both laptops streaming videos all at the same time.
The 2 Firesticks, 1 Phone, and 1 Kindle were on the Starlink WFI, the others on my Netgear router WFI.
What netgear router do you have?

/ Starlink #2,268  
It's the Netgear Nighthawk R6220

/ Starlink #2,270  
It just makes sense if you turn off the WiFi in the StarLink router the App will no longer connect. I see no need to turn off that Wifi if you are using a second router behind it. A gentleman a few posts up said exactly that