Sticker shock

/ Sticker shock #21  
prices for used equipment are up. I could probably get more for my CX than I paid.
There is a local guy here that has an 07 Kubota 105 hp cabbed tractor with loader. He's asking 37,900 with 1500 hrs. He'll probably get it too !

/ Sticker shock #22  
I received an email from Kubota about their 84 mo, 0% financing on L60 tractors so for sheets and giggles I built a L4760 HST w/ cab on their website.

After adding all the options I would like I came to $76,500. Woah.
That’s what I paid for my Kubota M126x with loader and 8’ bucket in 2012.

/ Sticker shock #23  
Anything coming in a container from overseas is going to get extremely expensive. Someone is going to pay for all those ships sitting waiting to be unloaded, all the fines for containers sitting on the dock waiting to be transported, and for storage at the next place they get stored. Everybody is blaming someone else. Each one is coming up with a plan, like fining companies for not removing containers from the dock quick enough, that ignores reality. Money is being thrown around like crazy with the idea that it'll fix the problem. So even if a tractor is built here the parts that are needed to build it still need to get shipped here.
It’s a shame nothing is made in our country anymore. If anything was, it might alleviate supply shortages from China and make us able to survive longer should another pandemic happen.

/ Sticker shock #24  
I work for a company that makes most of our products in Wisconsin and we see a sales boost everything there is a crisis. It makes me wonder why more things aren't made here or able to switch to made here quicker. I know it's not ideal or practical to make things here in the same quantity but having that option really helps a companies bottom line. I also have my own fab shop I'm trying to launch and steel prices are my biggest hurdle but there is definingly money to be made if you have the time to work for it.

/ Sticker shock #25  
I received an email from Kubota about their 84 mo, 0% financing on L60 tractors so for sheets and giggles I built a L4760 HST w/ cab on their website.

After adding all the options I would like I came to $76,500. Woah.
In summer 2020 my L3560LE HSTC (cab) with BH92 backhoe, 72” LP Grapple, kubota 3rd function, and a few other bells and whistles (no rear remotes) was $52,500.

You would need to weight everything you added into your into your unit in order to get a fair response to your post. Anyone that responds with anything without the specifics would be guessing.

I’ve run the numbers for my exact unit in the last week, and found that the prices are within reasonable amounts for inflation sbput $53,500, or $1000 more (albeit I would have to wait for 6-12 months or more for delivery.

So based on that I would say that as long as the dealer sticks to the Kubota build pricing program you aren’t paying much more than standard inflation -at this point at least.

oh… I failed to mention that the max financing for my purchase ended up being 72 months. But there was a buy up ($1000) added to the price that could get me 0% for 84 months. So I went that route. If you can get 0% for 84 months now without the buy up that’s a good deal on the financing side.

/ Sticker shock #26  
Anything coming in a container from overseas is going to get extremely expensive. Someone is going to pay for all those ships sitting waiting to be unloaded, all the fines for containers sitting on the dock waiting to be transported, and for storage at the next place they get stored. Everybody is blaming someone else. Each one is coming up with a plan, like fining companies for not removing containers from the dock quick enough, that ignores reality. Money is being thrown around like crazy with the idea that it'll fix the problem. So even if a tractor is built here the parts that are needed to build it still need to get shipped here.
I believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

the shipping business is as full as crooked people and behaviors as the federal government supply chain. It’s been like this since the beginning. A small situation like this is not going to “break” the foul system that greases the palms of the people running this.

It’s still pay to play, and the goods that are actually moved are based on deals made in dark offices on the dock and around well lighted tables in high rise buildings in Manhatten and San Diego.

If somethings moving, somebody paid for it with something. If your stuff is not moving than you’re not playing by those deals thst were cut and that you may or may not be privy to.

/ Sticker shock #27  
I buy a lot of feed for my animals...Grain, Corn and soybeans, all grown in this country have gone up in price 50% in the last year. Have you heard any farmers complaining about that price increase? I also buy gasoline, most based on American crude oil, have you heard any oil company drillers or field workers complaining about higher crude oil prices? Last month several hundred thousand low wage employees switched to higher paying jobs. None of these folks are complaining about getting paid more. It is not bad news for everyone. Some people do well when prices rise.

/ Sticker shock #28  
I just did a build on Kubota’s website for the base tractor I bought new in 2018. MSRP is up about 6%. So that’s near a normal inflation rate of ~2%. Now would my dealer still give the same 15% off list now? Rather doubt it but I think he would be reasonable. He like others are struggling to get inventory.

Last edited:
   / Sticker shock #29  
My Father has warned of inflation in our talks for now 40 years. Even now i hear the underlying tone of people talk about how the pain can be avoided. As i mentioned this is a tone ive been hearing of for 40+ years. We do not need to avoid the pain ( kick the can down the road) in my mind. We need to be brave and face the economic pains of bad policy which will drive local manufacturing, I.E. jobs for our children. This/my position is an old one but the sooner the better as far as i am concerned.
I think i should mention that i believe mine and others arguements are really pointless becuase they come from a position that the powers at be want a good economy, which couldn't be further from the true. This is a planned take down of USA's wealth and prosperity. Once you reealize this fully, the fog of war will lift in your mind and youll begin to see why the decisions are made the way they are. May God bless America.

/ Sticker shock #30  
WoW another eye opener from an interview with Machinery Pete:

used auction prices soaring and Peterson told Bloomberg that the used tractor market is the most active he’s seen in his 32-year career

Sounds like "if" you can get a new tractor it will make more sense to buy it and finance it, than bidding on used equipment.

Last edited: