Stump Chipper

/ Stump Chipper #21  
DSC00324.JPG DSC00325.JPG

This thing would do a six foot stump no problem. It would just chew thorugh Limestone rocks. Had a corded remote which was truly the Cat's meow.

Probably would have kept it if it was diesel!

Found out there was no money to be made in cutting stumps. One tree guy told me that it's just a service they are expected to offer, but not a money maker. Always amazed me, how many expensive homes have stumps in the yard!

/ Stump Chipper #22  
I ground 32 stumps for a guy in one day, that one job gave me back half of the money my stump grinder cost me.

I'm sure glad I bought one, instead of renting one to do the 15 stumps of my own. I'm sure I'll make more money with it, so why not have it around?

I'm also sure in time I will have more of my own to grind too...

SR

/ Stump Chipper
I ground 32 stumps for a guy in one day, that one job gave me back half of the money my stump grinder cost me.

I'm sure glad I bought one, instead of renting one to do the 15 stumps of my own. I'm sure I'll make more money with it, so why not have it around?

I'm also sure in time I will have more of my own to grind too...

SR

That's my thought on it especially since I'm retired.

/ Stump Chipper
View attachment 676625 View attachment 676631

This thing would do a six foot stump no problem. It would just chew thorugh Limestone rocks. Had a corded remote which was truly the Cat's meow.

Probably would have kept it if it was diesel!

Found out there was no money to be made in cutting stumps. One tree guy told me that it's just a service they are expected to offer, but not a money maker. Always amazed me, how many expensive homes have stumps in the yard!

I would like to see that one in action.

/ Stump Chipper #27  
If your gonna do side jobs then buy the best one and have fun......:)
Why buy an expensive one? The one that I bought does the job just fine and I don't care that it takes a bit longer to get the job done.

This one works just fine,

standard.jpg

I get paid the same and have much less investment, that's the part I like! lol

SR

/ Stump Chipper #28  
Using my little Steiner one now, is a real downer after having had that big unit. Especially all the constant repositioning. But, still glad to have one.

/ Stump Chipper #29  
Why buy an expensive one? The one that I bought does the job just fine and I don't care that it takes a bit longer to get the job done.

This one works just fine,

standard.jpg

I get paid the same and have much less investment, that's the part I like! lol

SR

I said BEST....lol...:D

/ Stump Chipper #30  
I NEVER did get a paying GIG with mine. But none of my friends have stumps anymore! lol

For one thing, most of the time I owned it, I had a Dakota and it wasn't up to the task of pulling it. Pulled terrible too, wanting to break into a speed wobble! Not something you want behind a Dakota.

Came across this. Same machine I had. The Remote I had sure is an improvement over the standard controls. That's why I bought the machine. Saw that, and I was hooked.

Vermeer 665 Stump Grinder For Sale Test Operation Video - YouTube

For What it's worth, I sold the machine for more than I paid, so owning this for twenty years or so, didn't cost me anything except the room to store it.