Stump Chipper

/ Stump Chipper #41  
I've have the Woodland Mills stump grinder for a few years now. Probably ground a couple hundred stumps. Many small but 50 or more that were quite large.

I'm very happy with it. Does everything I need.

/ Stump Chipper #42  
The Woodland Mills unit does not seem to have a pivot and is dependent on tractor movement to reposition the grinder. (Pictures from Woodland Mills website) Seems to me that a hydrostat tractor would be needed. The A-fab is not one I would even consider.

/ Stump Chipper #43  
The Woodland Mills unit does not seem to have a pivot and is dependent on tractor movement to reposition the grinder. (Pictures from Woodland Mills website) Seems to me that a hydrostat tractor would be needed. The A-fab is not one I would even consider.
You don't have to have a whiner tranny, my gear drive tractor has creep gears and it does just fine.

As for pivot, if you set it too low with the 3 point, it will pivot up...

SR

/ Stump Chipper
I didn't purchase the A-Fab but the RG24 from Yantai Rima Machinery

/ Stump Chipper #45  
I've have the Woodland Mills stump grinder for a few years now. Probably ground a couple hundred stumps. Many small but 50 or more that were quite large.

I'm very happy with it. Does everything I need.

What's the max height (starting point) you can go when grinding with the WM? I have stumps of various height- some may have to be cut down depending.

/ Stump Chipper #46  
What's the max height (starting point) you can go when grinding with the WM? I have stumps of various height- some may have to be cut down depending.
That all depends on what tractor you put it on... Some sit higher, some lift higher...

You are always better off cutting the stumps with a chainsaw, as low as you can before you start anyway...

SR

/ Stump Chipper
I purchased this one from Alibaba
IMG_1001.JPG
Have shipping container space reserved and should ship before the end of the month.

/ Stump Chipper #49  
Just got my new Landpride stump grinder delivered yesterday with my new MX. After about a 15 minute learning curve I was in business. This grinder is very heavy duty, goes 10 inches deep, works off of the pto and rear remotes.

Attachments

• new mx.jpg
    new mx.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
   / Stump Chipper #50  
Ten feet deep should be plenty. lol

I had a Vermeer that would do a sx foot stump staying in one location and now a little Steiner mounted one. Around here, it's immensely valuable to have a grinder where you can observe the cutter wheel, for you can bet that almost every tree has pushed stones out of it's way while growing. I have also recently realized that having a leaf blower handy is invaluable.