Stupid Things I Have Done

orezok

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Not me, but my dad. When I was a kid he had ‘39 Plymouth. Something was wrong with the differential so he rebuilt it. When he reinstalled it, he put it in upside down. I think the pinion gear was centered on the ring gear unlike todays diffs. Any way when he went to try it out, he has 3 speeds in reverse and one forward. OOPS! He pulled it back out and turned it over but in his frustration he forgot to put the lube back in. Drove it a couple of miles before it froze up.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Put on my jacket, work boots, gloves and walk out to the tractor. Then I realize I forgot the keys.

deserteagle71

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
Put on my jacket, work boots, gloves and walk out to the tractor. Then I realize I forgot the keys.

LOL! Do that all the time. Same with the mailbox key - my mailbox is about a half mile from the house and I walk down every day to pick up my mail. And when I get there I realize the key is still back at the house.

OP
M

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
LOL! Do that all the time. Same with the mailbox key - my mailbox is about a half mile from the house and I walk down every day to pick up my mail. And when I get there I realize the key is still back at the house.

That’s ok. Today I walk to the mailbox and right as I’m getting ready to open the box I remember —- what an idiot!

MoKelly

jjeff

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Not tractor related but I was in Thailand on a CAT team once, the grateful locals made us meals hungry I grabbed a bottle I thought was soy sauce, poured it all over my rice dish, unfortunately it was rancid fermented fish sauce, locals loved it I did not.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Man- that mailbox round trip makes my tractor key boo-boo look like child's play. It's 100 feet - house to tractor. You guys must get mail in one of those "cluster mail box" arrangements. Homes out this way aren't close enough together for that kind of arrangement.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
My reading glasses is another of my problems. I've learned - leave the house, be certain one pair of reading glasses are in my pocket.

Creamer

Elite Member
Tractor
1710 Ford, Versatile 150
I read this thread this morning and had a few good laughs. Then went out to get my lawnmower where it stopped on me last evening - in kind of a difficult spot partially under a tree on pretty good slope. I fight the tree branches and get on it and try to start it and it just clicked like a safety switch wasn't made. I checked everything and tried again - still nothing. I tried checking a few of the safety switches and all appeared to be working. Frustrated - partially with the difficult area to work in - I got out my tractor and drug it back to level ground. There I got on it to try again and saw that since it had quit on me I had never turned the blades off. Flipped that switch and it started immediately.

OP
M

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
I read this thread this morning and had a few good laughs. Then went out to get my lawnmower where it stopped on me last evening - in kind of a difficult spot partially under a tree on pretty good slope. I fight the tree branches and get on it and try to start it and it just clicked like a safety switch wasn't made. I checked everything and tried again - still nothing. I tried checking a few of the safety switches and all appeared to be working. Frustrated - partially with the difficult area to work in - I got out my tractor and drug it back to level ground. There I got on it to try again and saw that since it had quit on me I had never turned the blades off. Flipped that switch and it started immediately.

All’s well that ends without extra expense!

Funny how the brain works initially when things don’t work. Once calmed down and able to think, we tend to find the answer.

MoKelly