SURPRISE!

/ SURPRISE! #22  
It’s happened to me too, I bought some mini blinds from Wally World and when I opened the box it had old filthy used and broken blinds inside. They let me return them, though. I bought a toaster on another occasion and when I opened the box it was full of packing peanuts and had what looked liked parts from an old vacuum inside. Now how in the hell can you return that. I had to take the loss on that one.

/ SURPRISE! #24  
Just when I think people can’t get more evil I read this thread. I’ve never had any of this happen but will keep my eyes peeled.
So True. I guess I also will need to open stuff before taking it to the checkout.

/ SURPRISE! #25  
Yet how many posters on here respond to someone who is having a problem tractor by recommending selling their problem to an unknowing buyer. Not much different that returning bad goods to Walmart for a credit.

I bought someone else’s problem, that’s bad. I unloaded my problem, that’s good?

Some people need to look in a mirror.

/ SURPRISE! #26  
Yet how many posters on here respond to someone who is having a problem tractor by recommending selling their problem to an unknowing buyer. Not much different that returning bad goods to Walmart for a credit.

I bought someone else’s problem, that’s bad. I unloaded my problem, that’s good?

Some people need to look in a mirror.
Correct - problems should be addressed and NOT take on a life of their own.

But I do think many stores ask when you return - Is there anything wrong with the product or Reason for return. I do think if they accept the return, they should look at it before accepting or reshelving for sale. I don't think there is anything wrong with telling the store - it is wrong product - or doesn't fit - or it is defective.
Interesting subject. I never thought about this happening.

/ SURPRISE! #27  
I’m opened a new filter back in the 80s and it was missing the threads fortunately it was on the job and we had others, but I always checked since then.

/ SURPRISE! #28  
On one of our camping trips we needed an extra section of sewer hose to make the connection. Luckily I opened the box at Walmart before purchasing. Someone had returned a used sewer hose. It even had remnants of toilet paper stuck to the end. I wonder how many of these items get returned as defective products, and Walmart simply throws them back on the shelf to resell anyway? Obviously a jug of used oil or a used oil filter is a different story. I've started buying my oil filters from Rock Auto. They're cheaper than I can buy them for locally, even with shipping. The filter price and shipping is even cheaper if you buy a case of 12.

/ SURPRISE! #29  
I used to really like Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, and a pint was one of my favorite treats. One evening on the way home from a job we stopped at a convenience store and I bought a pint, but waited until we were on the interstate to open it.
When I did I discovered that somebody had opened it, taken a bite and put it back into the freezer for some unsuspecting hungry sucker to buy it. It was a long 130 mile ride home on an empty stomach.

A couple of years later I bought another pint of Ben and Jerry’s at a different store of the same chain. When I opened it I discovered that somebody had opened it, run their finger through it, and put it back for some hungry sucker to buy.
After that I quit buying Ben and Jerry’s. Call me a wimp but I really, REALLY don’t like having people mess with my food.

/ SURPRISE! #30  
Bought two gallon jugs of fleet guard diesel antifreeze at TSC to service the cooling system of my tractor. One jug had been opened and the foil seal punctured. Brought it back and was refunded my money. Told the cashier they should check returned items before they put them back on the shelf for resale, but she seemed uninterested