Syncro Shuttle vs HST

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST
I just noticed your location. You can go see John, tell him Ted sent you over. He will treat you right before and after. I purchased mine from him, my neighbor did too. Couple other guys on here also use them.

That's good to hear and it would be very convenient. I could literally drive the tractor there, but I won't.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #22  
That's good to hear and it would be very convenient. I could literally drive the tractor there, but I won't.

Don't buy an LS unless you want it in the shop more than you use it. Just saying. Check out my YouTube channel about all the issues I have had with mine. If you want that model, go see a New Holland Dealer and tell them to price it closer to an LS. You will thank me after a few hundred hours on it.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #23  
Can’t imagine life without an hst. For tilling in my heavy clay soils I am constantly varying speed to accommodate changing conditions. For shredding I do the same as I hit high/thick patches and bog down, also for my continuously changing slopes (0-25 degrees in short distances, need to slow down to take slope then speed up again and repeat). Finally I cannot imagine loader work in a single gear as I am changing speeds continuously as I approach, load, curl, reverse, reload, etc. Life is just so much easier with hst (and I have cruise but my land insulated so much I cannot use it so that advantage of a shuttle wouldn’t be usable either)

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #24  
Can’t imagine life without an hst. For tilling in my heavy clay soils I am constantly varying speed to accommodate changing conditions. For shredding I do the same as I hit high/thick patches and bog down, also for my continuously changing slopes (0-25 degrees in short distances, need to slow down to take slope then speed up again and repeat). Finally I cannot imagine loader work in a single gear as I am changing speeds continuously as I approach, load, curl, reverse, reload, etc. Life is just so much easier with hst (and I have cruise but my land insulated so much I cannot use it so that advantage of a shuttle wouldn’t be usable either)

You are not wrong. It is easy to change speed to adjust for changing conditions with a HST. But, its not hard to do the same in a gear tractor.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #25  
As stated, HST or shuttle is up to the person and the controls on the tractor. I really like a power shuttle, but not offered in lower HP range.
And I like my LS and my dealer. No problems with either. Can we expect to see not to buy LS on every tractor thread? I understand there can be lemons in all tractors, trucks, etc. But enough, please. Most people like their LS tractor.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #26  
As stated, HST or shuttle is up to the person and the controls on the tractor. I really like a power shuttle, but not offered in lower HP range.
And I like my LS and my dealer. No problems with either. Can we expect to see not to buy LS on every tractor thread? I understand there can be lemons in all tractors, trucks, etc. But enough, please. Most people like their LS tractor.

I agree with your mred2. Not point on bash a brand just because one got a lemon tractor. It happens to all brands really.

LS have been doing very well here in Portugal. I see loads of LS tractors all over the country and trust me, tractors here are used hard in farming with ground engagement tasks or in land clearing with brush mowers fitted with chains instead of blades. If they didn't do well, they would have been long gone.

The main tractors I see are the LS R28i, R36, R41 and a few R50. All European models fitted with Mitsubishi engines and no emissions control on these. From 2020 and on it will need emissions though. All geared tractors, no HST. It's very rare for someone here to benefit from HST, due to the HP loss, relatively high maintenance costs, ground engagement tasks and few more reasons.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #27  
Ptsg, I would enjoy seeing some pics of the European model LS tractors. The website is only setup to allow us in the US to see what is offered here.

European tractors often have better features and implements than what we can get here. For instance, I would love to have a three point hitch on my tractor with a front mounted flail mower.

Oh, and I agree with you about one person crapping up every thread with “don’t ever buy an LS because mine was a lemon”. We got it, you don’t like your tractor. You have a whole thread devoted to it.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #28  
Ptsg, I would enjoy seeing some pics of the European model LS tractors. The website is only setup to allow us in the US to see what is offered here.

European tractors often have better features and implements than what we can get here. For instance, I would love to have a three point hitch on my tractor with a front mounted flail mower.

Oh, and I agree with you about one person crapping up every thread with 電on稚 ever buy an LS because mine was a lemon? We got it, you don稚 like your tractor. You have a whole thread devoted to it.

I was trying to give you the link for the Portuguese LS importer but they don't have the English version working quite right, so I'll give your the German one. LS Traktor | Die offizielle Website von LS – Jetzt Ihren Traktor konfigurieren

The main difference between Germany and Portugal, is that we get the Orchard or Vineyard version which consists on a slightly narrow stance and mainly the mid mounted ROPS that folds over the hood making the steering wheel (usually) highest point, therefore making the height of the tractor much lower to go under the branches. Also in Germany, HST is a bit more common than Portugal. In Portugal, I would need to special order an HST model if I really wanted, with a much higher price.

The front 3 pt hitch plus PTO is pretty nice to have. In my opinion, it's a much superior system than the Kubota and JD proprietary ones. The 3 pt implements are much cheaper and there are a lot more variety of implements. The Kubota and JD ones are often crazy expensive, prone to failure and lots of play with usage and one is usually limited to the implements they offer.

Look at this nice setup. Couldn't find an LS picture but it's just to show the concept. Front finish mower and a collector system in the back with dumping feature. Also note the new R14 tires that have been used for sometime in Europe, mostly by municipalities.

83990854_3516936145014648_6828137632791265280_o.jpg102423685_3967737119934546_3250489723828175580_n.jpg

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #29  
Don't buy an LS unless you want it in the shop more than you use it. Just saying. Check out my YouTube channel about all the issues I have had with mine. If you want that model, go see a New Holland Dealer and tell them to price it closer to an LS. You will thank me after a few hundred hours on it.

Do you think LS magically builds tractors of higher quality when they apply NH decals to them?

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #30  
Do you think LS magically builds tractors of higher quality when they apply NH decals to them?

Yes. Its called the New Holland Dealer network VS the LS Tractor USA dealer network.

Its the difference between a certified technician with years of experience and resources at their fingertips and 20 work bays working on your tractor VS a lawnmower guy in a shed and a set of harbor freight tools.

So yes, that sticker means so much that it probably is magic.