Syncro Shuttle vs HST

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #31  
Yes. Its called the New Holland Dealer network VS the LS Tractor USA dealer network.

Its the difference between a certified technician with years of experience and resources at their fingertips and 20 work bays working on your tractor VS a lawnmower guy in a shed and a set of harbor freight tools.

So yes, that sticker means so much that it probably is magic.

All LS built tractors will have the same shortcomings no matter what decal is on the hood.
It isn’t the tractor’s fault if you choose a substandard dealer just to save a few bucks on the front end. For every tractor brand there enough sorry dealers to go around.
When NH crawled in bed with LS I remember getting parts for a Workmaster from an LS dealer 200 miles away so we could get a customer up and running as NH had not planned ahead for the parts demand.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #32  
Yes. Its called the New Holland Dealer network VS the LS Tractor USA dealer network.

Its the difference between a certified technician with years of experience and resources at their fingertips and 20 work bays working on your tractor VS a lawnmower guy in a shed and a set of harbor freight tools.

So yes, that sticker means so much that it probably is magic.

You would laugh at the NH dealer out here... 1 bay, 1 mechanic, 1 counter person. I called them once to get hydraulic and oil filters from them... they said they had them... drove 55 miles to get there.... they told me they could not find them.... I laughed and left. Called my LS dealer and had them in 4 days.

Both the LS dealers that I have purchased from were at least 3 times the size, one just built that 20 bay shop you talk of....

It can vary from region to region, dealer to dealer. I am still waiting on a quote for a new tractor from a dealer in Arizona... after making 3 calls to him over a weeks time. That was over a year ago already.... I guess he does not want to sell tractors, or he sells so many that he does not need my business...

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #33  
You would laugh at the NH dealer out here... 1 bay, 1 mechanic, 1 counter person. I called them once to get hydraulic and oil filters from them... they said they had them... drove 55 miles to get there.... they told me they could not find them.... I laughed and left. Called my LS dealer and had them in 4 days.

Both the LS dealers that I have purchased from were at least 3 times the size, one just built that 20 bay shop you talk of....

It can vary from region to region, dealer to dealer. I am still waiting on a quote for a new tractor from a dealer in Arizona... after making 3 calls to him over a weeks time. That was over a year ago already.... I guess he does not want to sell tractors, or he sells so many that he does not need my business...

Really? That is good to know. There are 2 New Holland dealers here in the Austin area by me and they are both very large. The LS dealers I have been to are not much more than a shed with 1 poor tech sweating to death.

It actually good to know that maybe the LS dealers elsewhere could be more than tiny mower places.

Of course LS will not even talk to me, so the only thing I see in LS corporate is unanswered calls and emails.

I did email my dealer again today and we will see where this goes. Its weird, but dealers seem to be OK with not doing a good job if its just behind the door talk, but once someone tells others about their experiences you can get all kind of different responses from them. :laughing:

I guess I will see and let everyone know how it goes.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #34  
Really? That is good to know. There are 2 New Holland dealers here in the Austin area by me and they are both very large. The LS dealers I have been to are not much more than a shed with 1 poor tech sweating to death.

It actually good to know that maybe the LS dealers elsewhere could be more than tiny mower places.

Of course LS will not even talk to me, so the only thing I see in LS corporate is unanswered calls and emails.

I did email my dealer again today and we will see where this goes. Its weird, but dealers seem to be OK with not doing a good job if its just behind the door talk, but once someone tells others about their experiences you can get all kind of different responses from them. :laughing:

I guess I will see and let everyone know how it goes.

I sure hope that you are able to resolve this. You are taking the right approach, see if the dealer can take care of it. I am not sure if the regional LS rep has gotten involved, maybe that could be your next step. LS corporate (as any other large Corp) will want this handled by the field reps. Hopefully you will make some progress.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #35  
Funny, my dealer only has 2 bays, 2 salesman, 1 finance guy, 1 other office person and 2 full time mechanics. Has no problems getting things done. Good vs Bad is not always the size. Some time you need to research the dealer as much as the tractor.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #36  
This issue seriously need to be its own thread. I thought this thread was shuttle vs hst, not arguing over dealer size or brand issues. FFS

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #37  
got my first hst 3 yrs ago and love it i have bad knees and my shuttle was becoming a pain.My buddy has similer issues and i talked him into the xr4140 hst. he has 60 or so hrs on it already this yr and thanks me all the time. I do agree if i was doing lots of plowing or heavy disking the shuttle would be better.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #38  
Sorry for my posts, Avenger is right. Stick to the topic. I still love my shuttle, wish it was power shutter. For most of my use, I need the HP. I might have liked to go to the XU series to get the power shuttle (58hp utility). No HST in that group. But no need to clutch.

/ Syncro Shuttle vs HST #39  
My frustration with LS aside, I would always look to get the HST over shuttle UNLESS its power shuttle. Most HST tractors only go up so high in HP, but that is slowly changing. My New Holland backhoe is power shuttle with torque converter and its awesome. I like it more than HST.

If I have to clutch for the shuttle, then I am out.