Comparison T1054 Any Issues??

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #51  
I don't know about a TYM but my Branson has a screen almost in the bottom of the transmission sump for the power shuttle.
Mine pulls out to the rear after undoing 2 bolts it's an oval housing on the rear down below the pto and to the right side. It also has a magnetic catch plug in the belly held in by two bolts. Neither of these are really mentioned in the owners manual.
Also I would expect that your tractor has a pair of wet clutch packs in it, one for forward and one for reverse.

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #52  
The more I think about this problem the more I’m leaning towards this being a problem with the solenoid accuated directional control valve situated on the main sub valve . Wondering if I removed the valve and cleaned it if that would help? Not sure what that process would look like though??? The valve controls the flow of hydraulic fluid which then pushes pins that then somehow moves the gears that places it in the forward position. Possible one of those pins is fouled up too?
There is no "pin pushing" to get a shuttle shift going.
The control valve puts pressure on the wet clutch packs to get the clutch engaged and tractor moving. It's two separate packs for forward or reverse.

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #53  
I’ve called several TYM mechanics as well as Mahindra folks and everyone says something different. One says replace the hydraulic pump…other says replace the main hydraulic sub valve…the other says it’s a sub valve solenoid issue…another says it’s a clogged filter screen (btw…there ain’t no inline filter screen on the main hydraulics that I could find!)..another says it’s a bad clutch pack and needs a split! Don’t know what to do. Any advice is appreciated !
Figured I would post what I know on this one even though it has been a month. The transmission is basically the same as a 903 or 1003 with all Service Bulletins applied. First, there is no screen before the main hydraulic filters. There is an inline filter on the line that feeds the transmission valve stack. If you trace back the line that goes into the top of the trans valve stack, front and next to the trans case, you will find something that looks like a long fitting. It can be removed, disassembled and cleaned. Second, the inching valve cable may need adjusting if it is being difficult to shift. May be the problem with the shuttle lurching too. Can be done without special tools but a pressure gauge is best to make sure it is engaging completely. Third, have the transmission pressures been checked? That was a major problem with the 903 and 1003. All came from the factory running low pressure and lost count on how many clutches we replaced due to that. It is adjustable by shimming the relief valve in the trans valve stack but there is nothing in the workshop manual detailing it. Did look up the trans valve stack and it is identical in this area on your 1054. That took a while to figure out, but once the pressure is turned up, that took care of the clutch problems on them. Feel free to DM me if any questions.

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #54  
Sorry I never replied. After posting my response I dropped the tractor off at the dealer 2.5 hrs away. As I was pulling out from the dealer I received a phone call from my 14 y/o son that the house was on fire. Longest 3 hrs drive home ever!

When I got home the house was gone. Needless to say the tractor was the last thing on my mind! I did get the tractor back 6 weeks later. They said they replaced the main sub valve control unit ( part number: 18715162001 ). I got it home and drove it off the trailer and down and around in the pasture. Once it got hot it started doing the say thing!! So, after the house burning down because I wasn’t home when the fire started because I was dropping this piece of poo tractor off to get it fixed and then it wasn’t…..anyway, I digress. Long story short, I drove it right back up on the trailer and hauled to auction the next day!! Someone else’s problem now!!!

With that being said….I did recently pick up a smaller Branson 7845 that acts very similar. I’m going to drain all the oils and replace the filters and then start trouble shooting it. The hydraulic fluid looks a little milky so theirs probably some water that has gotten in. If fluid and filter change doesn’t solve the problem then I’ll be back here shortly asking for advice again!! At least there is a Branson dealer in Caddo Mills that seems knowledgeable and it’s only an hour a way!

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #55  
Sorry I never replied. After posting my response I dropped the tractor off at the dealer 2.5 hrs away. As I was pulling out from the dealer I received a phone call from my 14 y/o son that the house was on fire. Longest 3 hrs drive home ever!

When I got home the house was gone. Needless to say the tractor was the last thing on my mind! I did get the tractor back 6 weeks later. They said they replaced the main sub valve control unit ( part number: 18715162001 ). I got it home and drove it off the trailer and down and around in the pasture. Once it got hot it started doing the say thing!! So, after the house burning down because I wasn’t home when the fire started because I was dropping this piece of poo tractor off to get it fixed and then it wasn’t…..anyway, I digress. Long story short, I drove it right back up on the trailer and hauled to auction the next day!! Someone else’s problem now!!!

With that being said….I did recently pick up a smaller Branson 7845 that acts very similar. I’m going to drain all the oils and replace the filters and then start trouble shooting it. The hydraulic fluid looks a little milky so theirs probably some water that has gotten in. If fluid and filter change doesn’t solve the problem then I’ll be back here shortly asking for advice again!! At least there is a Branson dealer in Caddo Mills that seems knowledgeable and it’s only an hour a way!
So sorry for your troubles. Yes the dealer in Caddo Mills is great! Hopefully this Branson will serve you well.