Tag fee shock!!!

/ Tag fee shock!!! #41  
$200 for my 2500 GMC. 1 year in PA

/ Tag fee shock!!! #42  
When the Taxation Party (i.e. the Democrats) took over Nevada state government a few years ago one of their first acts was to massively increase registration fees on vehicles - that "they need to pay their fair share" business. So this year the registration fee for my 2016 F150 was $478. Registration fee on my 16 year old Dodge Ram dually was $268.

They needed to build more roads down around Las Vegas where 99% of their constituents reside.

/ Tag fee shock!!! #43  
I'm glad I'm staying in Texas This year I paid $25 for the required state safety inspection by the dealer, then the tag renewal on a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium was another $75. So a total of $100.

/ Tag fee shock!!! #44  
In most jurisdictions bicycles that share/use the same roads pay no taxes/fees but due to the narrow tires require better road surfaces.
Most places let them ignore just about all safety laws like turns, stops and lights.

Rather than constantly boosting tag fees perhaps the time is approaching to get bicycles to carry their fair share of the tax burden.

Heck allowing a vehicle to run a red light (like a bike) when there is no traffic would be an ecologically smart move instead of a cash grab.
Idling cars use up petro energy and add to smog.

/ Tag fee shock!!! #45  
When the Taxation Party (i.e. the Democrats) took over Nevada state government a few years ago one of their first acts was to massively increase registration fees on vehicles - that "they need to pay their fair share" business. So this year the registration fee for my 2016 F150 was $478. Registration fee on my 16 year old Dodge Ram dually was $268.

They needed to build more roads down around Las Vegas where 99% of their constituents reside.
:eek:

/ Tag fee shock!!! #47  
Florida decided to raise its tag fees this year. So mine went from $ 104 to $ 153.35 for the Chevy 3500 Dually.:eek: How's everybody else doing?

You're still paying less than us in Michigan.

/ Tag fee shock!!! #48  
In north idaho, i pay $51 for my 94 dodge work truck, $65 for 2017 toyota tundra and $94 per year for the 04 F350. Not cheap, but reasonable.

/ Tag fee shock!!! #49  
At one time I had 24 vehicle tagged but now down to 3... the rest are non-op registered for a one time $22 fee not to drive.

Is this a California "thing"? Never heard of having to register a vehicle that's not being used on the road. Why do they do this (other than because they can)?

/ Tag fee shock!!! #50  
It's been this way for many years but it was not always so...

A friend of dad's had a stroke and his pick up parked in his garage for several years...

When he passed away his son was settling the estate and the truck had 1400 in back fees and penalties to clear title... this on a 96 pick-up that had been bought new.

As far as I know CA is the only State that charges vehicle owners a fee not to operate.