Dirt Moving Techniques To Leveling Dirt

/ Techniques To Leveling Dirt #51  
You can chase your tail trying to fill in areas to level an area out. Find/make your grade or "level area" and work off that to either cut or fill the rest. Always start off your graded area since you don't have a transit. Be prepared to pack filled areas as they will settle. Take your time and go slow.

/ Techniques To Leveling Dirt #52  
For that area even a cheaper lighter box blade would work, look around at either used equipment dealers or rental yards, more than likely you’ll be able to find a box blade to rent if your not needing or wanting to purchase one. Also you can rent a laser transit with receiver and story pole to figure out your lows and highs to determine how much to cut and fill. Even a cheap Home Depot or Menards unit would work ok for doing yard landscaping if you had other similar projects down the road.

/ Techniques To Leveling Dirt #54  
The laser level (and grade stakes) will help keep you from removing dirt, and then putting it back in. Looking at something and thinking it is level is often an optical illusion - the eye can fool you

/ Techniques To Leveling Dirt
I like the transit and poles option, when it's time I'll give that a try

/ Techniques To Leveling Dirt #56  
Got a box scraper. Watched a YouTube video from one of the fellas on this forum on how to set up a box blade. That had me moving dirt in no time. I’m very glad that I got this and not a land leveler. IMG_4326.JPGIMG_4327.JPG