Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,851  
Close the lid, folks. If you were ever offered an actual visual of the way fecal bacteria literally explodes out of the toilet when flushed, in the same room where you maybe even store your toothbrush, you would never leave a lid open ever again. :oops:

But don't believe me, look it up!
I'm with you. I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand all there is to know about women; however it will always be to your advantage to try to be a gentleman, so I learned early on to put the lid down.

You'll have to turn the sound on. :love:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,855  
It’s an approximate formula and I guess it doesn’t work for negative temperatures.
yes I know I was just being a smart a@@... but when I saw it I was like cool but wait -40 is -40 so it has to degenerate at some point so I did a few exercises and yeah from 32F or 0C it degenerate.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,856  
An easy way to convert temperature in Celsius to Fahrenheit. Double the number and add 30.

Example. 20 degrees C. 20 x 2=40. 40+30=70 degrees F.
Definitely a good way to get pretty close real fast, in fact I use that method almost everyday.

The actual translation is 1.8°F/°C, which is hard to do in the head as a decimal, but pretty easy when represented as 9/5.

Using your example, 20*9/5 = 4*9 = 36. Add 32 as the offset between freezing in the two scales, and you're at exactly 68°F.

It’s an approximate formula and I guess it doesn’t work for negative temperatures.
It still works negative, but the error increases with distance from freezing, due to the small 1.8 vs. 2.0 error.

Using 9/5, we have -40*9/5 + 32 = -8*9 + 32 = -72 + 32 = -40°F

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know.
#8,857  
We were on a recent trip to Ireland. I can work with metric distances and relate but not temperatures.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,858  
We were on a recent trip to Ireland. I can work with metric distances and relate but not temperatures.
We got metric here in Kanuckistan when I got into High School.
No problem with distance or weights.
Somehow Temperature gets me befuddled.
I can do the conversions no problem.
But for them to be meaningful I need above freezing to be in Fahrenheit and freezing and colder in Metric.
+12C? 54F(y)