Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,341  
I had planned to retire at age 50, but then I read an article (that I don't really believe) that claimed the average for police officers who retired at age 50 was to die at 53; scared me so much I retired 10 days before my 49th birthday.;)

Bird they were off by a few. I had a heart attack at 46! Like Texasdon looking at the Claws of Death, widow maker is what it's called, didn't think I was going to make the cath lab for stints. Well that was almost 13 years ago hope to retire end of March 2914. 5 months 1week 2 days 23 hrs. That will make 30 years.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,342  
Bird they were off by a few. I had a heart attack at 46! Like Texasdon looking at the Claws of Death, widow maker is what it's called, didn't think I was going to make the cath lab for stints. Well that was almost 13 years ago hope to retire end of March 2914. 5 months 1week 2 days 23 hrs. That will make 30 years.

That's 2014 iPad added 900 years

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,343  
Maybe it wasn't your diet at all that has helped you, but retirement! :laughing:

Nope. I retired at 51, I had a good 5 1/2 years of retirement before the break. I wish I would have known as much then as I know today and changed my diet when I retired or before. That stuff about moderation doesn't work for me - you are either in or out. I stopped by my old cardiac rehab the other day.....most patients that day were women.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,344  
That front does not seem to have enough oomph to push this far south. It is still hanging about 75 miles north of here. I am so ready for those 50 degree mornings again.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,345  
That front does not seem to have enough oomph to push this far south. It is still hanging about 75 miles north of here. I am so ready for those 50 degree mornings again.

NWS says 55 in Denton with a light rain and 10 mph north wind; going for a low of 51 tonight. It does feel a bit cool outside, and I love it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,346  

I think you're right Don, that front is stuck over by Fredericksburg and Kerrville. The wunderground.com is showing it as not moving. Hope they can get more rain in the watersheds for the lakes that are so far down.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,347  
Still 78 and mega humid here. No rain yet.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,348  
Y'all talking about retirement. Last Friday was the wife's last day after thirty years working for the state. I of course will probably have to work til the day I die. Then again I'm planning to win the lotto this weekend.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,349  
Then you and I will be splitting that Lotto, robbyr!

Funny, even if I won it, I'd probably still work my "paying" job part time, 'cause I like it. I'd get more time to work the farming/ranching stuff though.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,350  
Y'all talking about retirement. Last Friday was the wife's last day after thirty years working for the state. I of course will probably have to work til the day I die. Then again I'm planning to win the lotto this weekend.:D

Congratulations to your wife!