Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,321  
As you can see the beach was packed,, after driving for 30 seconds or so we found a place to park and eat our lunch,:licking:, I didn't take the surf board out of the back of the truck,:rolleyes:, as a matter of fact I didn't take it with me.:eek:. to be truthful I don't own one,:cool:, But I did see three fish,:laughing:, Lou

beach, trees, roses 058.JPG
beach, trees, roses 061.JPG
beach, trees, roses 065.JPG
beach, trees, roses 077.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,322  
As you can see the beach was packed,, after driving for 30 seconds or so we found a place to park and eat our lunch,:licking:, I didn't take the surf board out of the back of the truck,:rolleyes:, as a matter of fact I didn't take it with me.:eek:. to be truthful I don't own one,:cool:, But I did see three fish,:laughing:, Lou

View attachment 353731
View attachment 353732
View attachment 353733
View attachment 353734

Do they still have that old bar named "Tips"? Back in the early '80's it was a popular spot.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,323  
Lou, it looks like the water temp was too low, air temp was too low, and wave height was too low. Solitude was high!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,324  

View attachment 353734

Was that an outhouse for fish?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,325  
Kyle I think that place went with the last storm that blew thru,, It was quit Don,, we drove down the beach for about ten miles and didn't see another person.. Ron I thought it was a bait stand,, but it may have been a outhouse for fish,, I didn't walk around to the front I just used the back wall.:D. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,326  
. Ron I thought it was a bait stand,, but it may have been a outhouse for fish,, I didn't walk around to the front I just used the back wall.:D. Lou

It was so cold here the outhouse cheek-wiggle was the rule of the day to keep from being stuck to the board.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,327  
It was so cold here the outhouse cheek-wiggle was the rule of the day to keep from being stuck to the board.

I thought all the people up North had fireplaces in their outhouses.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,330  
My grandson just told me that our downstairs bathroom is frozen up (lavatory and commode). The tub still runs, but it has no pipes on the outside north wall like the lav and commode. I put some vents into the wall so warm air could go in, but I need to finish the job by cutting holes and installing grills up high so warm air can move up inside the wall with convection current. Luckily, the pipes are PEX, so there is little danger of freezing and bursting. I don't want a repeat performance of my flooded basement from a few years ago. The only thing I really worry about is the PEX fittings (unions and 90 degree Ls) that could be pushed apart by ice in the pipes. We really don't build well for cold weather here.

What's your plumbing situation now, Jim? Hopefully, it thawed with no damage.