Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,581  
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. You always are a bit paranoid when you spend almost $15k on an upgrade. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. This contractor's workers had to drive over 100 miles each day to our site. Most days were very windy and either cold or unseasonably warm. All their tools and sheet metal break fit into their pickup bed. They set it up under our deck and had a little sheetmetal shop set up. When there were two workers, one ran the break and the other installed the cut and sized panels. They were really organized.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,582  
Jim-- Showed the wife Your pics and she love them. I love the color and It is such a clean look.

I think we're going shopping.

Charlie

Last edited:
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,583  
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. You always are a bit paranoid when you spend almost $15k on an upgrade. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. This contractor's workers had to drive over 100 miles each day to our site. Most days were very windy and either cold or unseasonably warm. All their tools and sheet metal break fit into their pickup bed. They set it up under our deck and had a little sheetmetal shop set up. When there were two workers, one ran the break and the other installed the cut and sized panels. They were really organized.
The whole outside of the house must look different. Got any pictures of it?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,584  
Got the Lowlines out for their first show in College Station this weekend:

image.jpg
image.jpg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,585  
Got the Lowlines out for their first show in College Station this weekend:

View attachment 373827
View attachment 373828

The Steer I got for my buddies son Reese, we pick up June 6th. Neither of us have showed steers or heifers, so got a lot to learn. Reese has showed goats/pigs and lambs, so not new to the ring. My boy is 5 and would like to show steers, so this will also teach me a lot before my boy is doing it. By then should also be showing from my herd. My wife showed Lambs since was able too, went to a lot of the majors(think reserve is Houston was best done),then Grand in a lot of the county shows. Me I showed pigs couple times,was more into riding dirt bikes back then,lol.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,586  
Starting to get light drizzle, but nothing to brag about..yet

Spent half a week in Houston again. Talk about hotel rip-offs! Oil and Gas expo in town and all the hotels tripled their prices!!:banghead: Even a cheap old red roof inn I have stayed at for under $60, is now wanting $184!!! Saw the same thing in East Texas when the space shuttle recovery was going on, gouging!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,587  
Dennis-- Our son goes out to Midland about every 3 weeks for sales calls, and because of the BOOMing Economy there he can't even get a room in Midland. The one he can find is in Andrews and it runs about $180 a night.

He has also found that it's cheaper to catch a Southwest Flight to Lubbock and then drive down to Midland-Odessa after he makes his calls in Lubbock. He's just glad to have Booming Oil Field business to take care of.

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #4,588  
Charlie, I'm surprised he can find a room out that way, Odessa and midland are pretty full up with the oil boom, getting the same almost anywhere their is a drilling rig. I understand "free market supply and demand" but those foreign owned motels are getting much more than they are worth IMO

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#4,590  
Dennis, I got .90", hoping for more, just thankful for what we did get, and right now it doesn't look too promising for any more.