The DIY $8 snow plow!!

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!!
To be honest, I spent about five minutes doodling on a piece of scrap paper and started cutting metal. The only thing I measured was the hole spacing where the frame mounts to the tractor.

Projects are slowed down substantially when kids want to help. But if you don't enjoy that kind of thing then I guess you shouldn't have kids!!

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #12  
image-417927748.jpg

Here's my version. This one is super sized, I have since cut it down from 11.6 to 7. 5 and have welded brackets in place of the c clamps

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #13  
I just love good old fashioned ingenuity. Take what you have and make it work. You guys have much better imaginations than I, and I salute you! :salute:

Keep these home-brewed projects coming!

Joe

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!!
View attachment 345909

Here's my version. This one is super sized, I have since cut it down from 11.6 to 7. 5 and have welded brackets in place of the c clamps

T.........I acquired a piece of pipe that I was going to do the SAME exact thing with. The plan is going to be to chainsaw it in half length wise and use half on my B3200 and the other half on Dad's L2600DT. I'm going slot it in the same manner as you did and slide it onto the bucket. Nice job!!

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #15  
It works well, it also makes it look like a ski area that has just been groomed, due to the corrugations in the pipe

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!!
My pipe is smooth on the outside so I won't get the groomed effect. I had thought about using a small section of it for the T1400 but it's pretty heavy and I wanted to save weight on the front so I used the drum.

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #17  
This was a quicky project that I decided to tackle last evening. Since I can plow with the B3200, I thought my son would like a plow for his T1400. This is a pic of one very happy boy!!

View attachment 345782

Very nicely done! What I like most about this is the father/son relationship. You don't see too much of that these days...at least not in my area. Most kids are more interested in electronics/TV and such than they are at "living life". Kudos to you, sir!
And yes, your son does appear to be one very happy camper. :thumbsup:

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #18  
Cool -- that boy looks like he's ready for some snow! I have fond memories shoveling/blowing snow with my dad as a kid. I suspect he was just tricking us kids into work, but it was fun all the same.

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #19  
Same here, my 2y.o. is starting to take an interest in being out in the garage with me. I guess I'm gonna have to start "child-proofing" it a little more so he can spend more time out there.

In my case I spent more time "garage proofing" the kid. It worked, but as always, YMMV.

/ The DIY $8 snow plow!! #20  
True about proofing the kid, she knows I have sharp things there, one thing that helps me is she has her own tools. She learns how to use a tool it goes in her tool bag, she leaves it out it becomes mine. She also has a bin of cutoffs that are hers to use. We just made a sled out of some of the pieces. She planned it all together. I have a block in the barn with the first screw she put in by herself and the first nail, I made her sign it too and I hung it up in the barn.