The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #901  
Bilko said:
M7 I have been following your thread from the beginning and wow you never seize to amaze me!!!!! You and your wife have a beautiful home to be proud of. I think you need to teach classes in building and attention to detail. Thanks for taking the time to share your house with us.

Mike
I concur!

/ The Log house Project begins........
Fb & Bilko it was a major step and I am re-energized.....thanks! I finished all the glass stops, and I worked on the exterior window trim today and almost got it all done.

Here is a evening pic of the West end(and Eddie you can't even see the Crows feet:laughing:):
Windowtrim003.jpg

Window trim:
Windowtrim004.jpg

Door trim with a bit of a reveal:
Windowtrim005.jpg

East side window trim:
Windowtrim006.jpg

Working on the North door trim and I need to go cut some 4/4 cedar 9"s wide to finish them:
Windowtrim009.jpg

GGB here is your inside pic from the loft:
Windowtrim008.jpg

And from the main floor:
Windowtrim007.jpg

You can't see them in the pic, but I bet there were 50 red wasps inside on the new glass this morning when I arrived.....weird.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #905  
Totally Awe-Inspiring. Awesome job Rick.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #906  
PA, I'll look at that, do you have a picture of one?

One of the sections of the pipe I am using is a section of extendable Duravent DVL 48- 68" pipe. I had a suggestion on the Hearth forum to use that on top of the stove. To clean, just slide the pipe up, stick a bucket under it, brush, then remove the bucket.

Absolutely, this is a very smart suggestion you have got from there. You must follow that undoubtedly.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #907  
Wow! What a gorgeous view. Well done, M7.

Absolutely, this is a very smart suggestion you have got from there. You must follow that undoubtedly.

I would have, but didn't have enough pipe, so I used the "T". We ran it on a marginally cold very windy night and the draft was impressive. I could not even leave the side door cracked...it would pull it shut. Big difference going from a 6" flue in my shop to the proper 8" it was designed for. I can always order more pipe later, but I think I want to give it some time and see how it works out with the "T".

FlueFinished002.jpg

I bought a SootEater and it's sure going to be nice sweeping the flue from the basement with a power drill:thumbsup:
Sooteater RCH205 Rotary Chimney Cleaning System - Smarthome

/ The Log house Project begins........ #909  
Gotta say that I was wrong about the window. I was thinking that you would have two more pieces of glass and that the crows feet would be visable from the outside. I like the way it came out and really LOVE the way you trimed out your windows and door!!!!!

Good job.

Eddie

/ The Log house Project begins........ #910  
I've been watching you build this for months. All I can say is wow. You've done an amazing job, the place looks beautiful.

We don't have a lot of log houses in Australia and most of them are some sort of cladding with logs screwed to the outside to get the look of a log house.

Well done mate! I wish I lived nearer to you as I would have loved to have given you a hand just to watch it being built.