The new Grand L 5740 is home!

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #31  
Man I'd like to see snow now :laughing: Great to see your still on here and I hope all is well on your end. :thumbsup:

OK. How about a photo or two
camerasmiley.gif

well, my mods are nothing compared to the stuff you do, but i only need a flashing light to satisfy my homeowners board in order for me to snowplow/snow-blow the roads here.

I was looking at the mini justice bar and the responder series, but i really didn't need that much light bar to get in the way when I'm working under my overhangs and eves.

with this bracket i built, i still have clearance to run the horse corrals and under the eves, even with a slight increase from the packed snow.

I found some lighted switches that fit in the existing blanks on the side panel of the tractor, and there was already a spare 10 amp circuit there that i tapped into. I ran the wires inside the trim cover piece and out over the rear window. I HAVE to remove this light during summer months as i work in the trees, and this light is too much $$$ to smash on some branches. Its amazing how bright this light is. Whelen sure turns out some amazing products.

Anyways here a are few pics. I just used scrap metal from my growing pile to build it, and plasma cut the beacon base.

Attachments

• parts 1.jpg
    parts 1.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 159
  • bracket finish 1.jpg
    bracket finish 1.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 138
  • light and bracket.jpg
    light and bracket.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 158
  • mounted 1.jpg
    mounted 1.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 184
  • attachment 1.jpg
    attachment 1.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 151
  • switches 1.jpg
    switches 1.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 207
  • running 1.jpg
    running 1.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 177
  • rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 224
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    764.6 KB · Views: 210
   / The new Grand L 5740 is home!
well, my mods are nothing compared to the stuff you do, but i only need a flashing light to satisfy my homeowners board in order for me to snowplow/snow-blow the roads here.

Well sir you can take it from me. That job you did there is as good as anyone could do it! tip my lid to you. Very tidy and well thought out. Heck I even like the tractor :thumbsup: Your right. Whelen is a great product and it's nice to see you used there product as well.
I just went to install the license plate on the tractor and found out there's nothing simple in this world anymore. Our plates are Hugh and the holes in the tractor were to narrow for the plate so I had to fabricate a stainless steel adapter to mount the plate. I attached a few pictures for your viewing pleasure :laughing: The biggest laugh is where the slow moving sign goes after you hang the plate :laughing: Honest it wasn't me. It's Kubotas's idea.
:confused2:

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #33  
hehe....nice one. guess you'll have to remount that also. My horse trailer was just the opposite....Idaho issues a very small 10 year license for the trailer, and the trailer came with a regular car sized bracket. I have to manufacture a smaller aluminum insert for the plate....now it looks kinda like a picture frame. Ill have to take a pic, cause its kinda funny looking.

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #34  
Well Bill I've learned the last few days that the only thing these machines have in common is the name Kubota. The 3pt hitch is bigger and longer, the transmission is different. The new tractor is longer and higher, actually a lot higher.

The rear tires are the same size aren't they?
Did you have the rears on the 4240 loaded?
Are the rears on the new tractor loaded?
Thanks.

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #35  
Very, very nice! Congrats

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #36  
Why did you change tractors? What do you use the tractors for in Bay Roberts. Nice pictures.

The rear tires are the same size aren't they?
Did you have the rears on the 4240 loaded?
Are the rears on the new tractor loaded?
Thanks.

Yep same size. No loaded tires on the 4240. The 5740 has rear wheel weights. 800 lbs back there now.

Very, very nice! Congrats

Thanks Jim

Why did you change tractors? What do you use the tractors for in Bay Roberts. Nice pictures.

Wanted a Kubota Grand L 5740HST3C. Tractor is used for snow clearing only. Glad to hear you enjoyed the photo's. Thanks :thumbsup:

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #38  
4Shorts, keep up the good work. My L5740HSTC will be delivered tomorrow. I spent a few hours this past weekend going back through your old posts, especially those that dealt with the camera system and the wiper controller. I think I'll eventually have to do those. Thanks again.

4Shorts, keep up the good work. My L5740HSTC will be delivered tomorrow. I spent a few hours this past weekend going back through your old posts, especially those that dealt with the camera system and the wiper controller. I think I'll eventually have to do those. Thanks again.

Thank you very much. Great to hear others are looking at my posts and getting something out of them. Congrats on your new 5740. I know your going to love the thing. Thanks again for posting :thumbsup:

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #40  
Thank you very much. Great to hear others are looking at my posts and getting something out of them. Congrats on your new 5740. I know your going to love the thing. Thanks again for posting :thumbsup:

wiper control you say... now thats something i was going to try to do with mine. i want a delay like i have in my truck.

ill need to go find this post