The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #11  
Never owned any Bosch tools, can't comment on how they compare to other brands. Made in China doesn't necessarily mean junk, not made in China doesn't necessarily mean not junk.

People blame the Chinese for what was really Americans wanting to buy cheap garbage and getting exactly that. The Chinese can and do make quality products.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools.
Never owned any Bosch tools, can't comment on how they compare to other brands. Made in China doesn't necessarily mean junk, not made in China doesn't necessarily mean not junk.
Not, I'm not arguing against that China doesn't produce quality, it's more of a wish to support western industry. When I bought my van I dropped those that produces in Turkey, no need to support that regime when I could support workers in France.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #13  
I try to avoid them, although I often wonder why. Too often "Made in USA" is just the latest gimmick, and I've been burned multiple times because of it.
"Made in XXX" is often a work around ploy.
I E.
If shipped COD or collect then the shipping is USA content.
For sure on certain items shipping is the major component.
As long as the %age is over a certain limit then the product is deemed to meet USA content.
Tricky, or what.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #14  
far as Chinese made tools, it all depends on who is making them. Case in point, the Harbor Freight Chief 4.5 inch air angle grinder is exactly the same as the IR grinder, right down to the external gearbox grease fitting, mirror polished head and flat throttle but the IR costs over 100 bucks more. I believe they are made in the same factory, probably on the same assembly line except the IR has a different logo on it. The HF air grinder is quiet as a mouse and smooth as butter, just like the IR (I have them both).

When I opened the heads up to check the grease, both had plenty inside and both had the same color blue grease too.

Another good example is the Icon 1/2" drive torque wrench. it's a mirror copy of the Snap On clicker except it says Icon on the barrel and it's over 200 bucks less. Have them both as well. If I turned both upside down and asked someone to pick the Snap On, they'd never be able to do it.

You usually get what you pay for. The exception is when you pay for the name. Today, it's difficult to ascertain where a tool is made unless you buy the really cheap stuff, then you know it's not made here because our labor cost won't allow it.
China does not recognize intellectual propriety. If you spend 15 years and your life savings developing a better mouse trap somebody from their country can buy the first one off the line, copy it, and start selling the product which you just devoted a good portion of your life developing. Who do you suppose is going to have the lower price?

I won't buy anything from there.
You have a point there, Hungary is not the best political environment, it will be interesting to see how they handle the Ukrainian war, before the war they was very pro Putin, a lot of the more fare right political movement got in to hot water when Putin fired up the Russian war machine.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #17  
You have a point there, Hungary is not the best political environment, it will be interesting to see how they handle the Ukrainian war, before the war they was very pro Putin, a lot of the more fare right political movement got in to hot water when Putin fired up the Russian war machine.
Let's keep the politics out of the discussion...

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #18  
Bought this today, made in Hungary feels so much better than made in China.

How many of you feels the same when it comes to buying stuff?View attachment 752600
It is almost impossible to avoid China. There will be plenty of Parts in that Bosch that are almost certainly Chinese.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #19  
Some years back I had a client that visited some Chinese factories.
He observed production lines stop from time to time in order to change the labels on tools.
You might have also noticed that most actually now simply sport stuck on logos vs cast into the molds as into the past.

Some years back I had a client that visited some Chinese factories.
He observed production lines stop from time to time in order to change the labels on tools.
You might have also noticed that most actually now simply sport stuck on logos vs cast into the molds as into the past.
Yes, cheap production was China's advantage, cost to produce is rising and the last year's have shown that it's a challenge to ship things around the world, hopefully we in the west will understand that just being a customer is not a good strategy for the common man or our nations, we need industry, own our technology and make us able to provide work and possiblity for industry to grow.