The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!
Here's a review from Jason in KS. He has our 66" Wicked Grapple installed on his L3540 Kubota.

"I've worked on equipment for 25 plus years and in those years have seen my share of attatchments both good and poorly desined. That said, I rate this grapple at the top on both design and workmanship. This grapple reminds me of a 60's chevy truck, abuse it, beat the crap out of it and it still looks and works great! Worth every penny and then some!!!"

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #532  
Kinda overkill IMO. The h240 doesn't even lift as much as my Kioti KL401 and I've been fine with a 48" 320lb light duty grapple for over seven years with no issues.

Why 72"? Need a good reason for that as otherwise a narrower grapple weighs less so has bigger net payload and is also more maneuverable and can dig more effectively. No rule that says a grapple should be same width as standard bucket.

I'd go for the new medium duty EA ??54 or 60 that uses the same upper jaw as the EA light duty 54".

This is why the 72" is such a good fit for larger tractors. It wouldve been difficult carrying the stump mainly but it was nice having the width for the long logs also. The stump was enough to get my 9500lb+ tractor light in the rear. The BB is only about 1k and I have loaded rears.

Brett

C5158671-A0DA-4FAC-9DA0-810CEA76528F_zpsse0dw5vt.jpg

2E6B3136-57BD-4223-A2B3-3C9AC43BFD3B_zpsdvqiboxn.jpg

99DCDC9F-05EA-436C-9246-967558C75864_zpsadwax1jl.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #533  
This is why the 72" is such a good fit for larger tractors. It wouldve been difficult carrying the stump mainly but it was nice having the width for the long logs also. The stump was enough to get my 9500lb+ tractor light in the rear. The BB is only about 1k and I have loaded rears.

Brett

Impressive. Very nice.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #535  
I received my wicked root grapple today. Looks good so far. I have a noob question. Apparently I don't know what to search for to find my answer, as I've been searching this site and on Google for the last 30 minutes. This will be my first new hydraulic implement I've ever hooked up.

How do I connect this for the first time? Do I just connect it and go? Should the hoses be pre-filled with hydraulic fluid some how? Something run through them before attached to the tractor?

To be fair, I have not contacted EA yet to ask, as it is late. I assume they are not open over the weekend and wanted to try this out this weekend. This is going on a Kubota MX5100. Thanks for any help or guidance.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #537  
Assuming you have the right connections, just hook it up. Then open and shut it a couple times and it should be good.
It is a good match for that tractor. Have fun.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #538  
I received my wicked root grapple today. Looks good so far. I have a noob question. Apparently I don't know what to search for to find my answer, as I've been searching this site and on Google for the last 30 minutes. This will be my first new hydraulic implement I've ever hooked up. How do I connect this for the first time? Do I just connect it and go? Should the hoses be pre-filled with hydraulic fluid some how? Something run through them before attached to the tractor? To be fair, I have not contacted EA yet to ask, as it is late. I assume they are not open over the weekend and wanted to try this out this weekend. This is going on a Kubota MX5100. Thanks for any help or guidance.
Connect and go. Don't worry. And, we've all had the same question in the past.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #539  
I received my wicked root grapple today. Looks good so far. I have a noob question. Apparently I don't know what to search for to find my answer, as I've been searching this site and on Google for the last 30 minutes. This will be my first new hydraulic implement I've ever hooked up.

How do I connect this for the first time? Do I just connect it and go? Should the hoses be pre-filled with hydraulic fluid some how? Something run through them before attached to the tractor?

To be fair, I have not contacted EA yet to ask, as it is late. I assume they are not open over the weekend and wanted to try this out this weekend. This is going on a Kubota MX5100. Thanks for any help or guidance.

Mine needed grease, but otherwise was plug and play!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #540  
Mine needed grease, but otherwise was plug and play!

Same here, had to pump some grease in it, but just hook it up and go. Hydraulics self purge out the air. Just open and close about 5 times and it smooth's out and you are good to go.