The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,581  
RichM752 you're not going to be disappointed. I had so much fun with it. It looks light with all the holes and "feels" light. My 72" bucket, which I have no idea the weight of, with an extra #100 of Ratchet Rake feels about the same.

I ran out of rear end weight immediately. My rears are filled and I had on an EA 78" box blade (#545), that tree in the picture was probably close to the limit because it seemed like the rear tires were not in as much contact with the ground as usual. I know what the phrase "the rear end felt light" means now.

Maybe some of the seasoned vets will chime in and suggest how much weight in a ballast box I should go for. My rotary cutter is heavier (#850) but is too big for all the obstacles I have to weave through.

The tractor is supposed to be able to lift #2660 to full height at pins for the FEL and #2716 24" aft of the hitch for the 3-point.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,582  
Repeating a chorus line??????
We've already been there LONG ago, circled around and went there again a month or so ago. Addressed it and the phone still hasn't rang for smooth tines.
Travis
View attachment 518078
I know Travis and IT are both looking forward to more input on the neglected topic of backward curving, sharp tine teeth. :) So here's some.

Recently had to rip out an overgrown hedge row of Chinese Grape, Multi-Flora, Wait-a-Bit Bush and other underbrush. Embedded in it was decades-old field fence and barb wire on old T-posts. The teeth on my 60" EA double-lid got a great workout demonstrating trade-offs of the design. The teeth grabbed everything well, and made pulling material up and out a breeze. But dumping it in the debris pile required a bit of technique, as the wire tended to hang up on the tines. No a big deal. As Taylor Swift says, just "Shake it Off." After a year of use, I've found the EA tooth design much more an advantage than a disadvantage.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,583  
A Taylor swift quote in a grapple thread? Arg.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,584  
A Taylor swift quote in a grapple thread? Arg.

Just as long as cheek doesn't enter into the quote.. :D. Now back to grapples...

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,585  
Good thing it wasn't the dual grapple.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!
#2,586  
The long awaited day finally came.

The 60" dual lid looks like a perfect fit for your DK5010 Kioti! Who woulda thunk it? :laughing:

Keep in mind, the higher a load is raised on the front, the lighter your rear end will feel(and the more it will pucker :laughing::laughing:)
Travis

60dualDK50102s.jpg

60dualDK50104s.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!
#2,587  
I know Travis and IT are both looking forward to more input on the neglected topic of backward curving, sharp tine teeth. :) So here's some.

After a year of use, I've found the EA tooth design much more an advantage than a disadvantage.

MUCH more, he said! :cool2:
hashtag... #
As planned...By design...Wicked owners know!...We do too! :thumbsup: :laughing:
Travis

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #2,590  
Travis, what do you suggest for my 44" single lid? :D

P5060032.JPG