Third function

/ Third function #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H Deere 5105
I'm going to buy a grapple and need a third function hydraulic valve. I'm considering making my own. The one thing that's up in the air is where to locate the valve. You guys with 20s or 25s and third function, where's your valve mounted?

/ Third function #2  
Hey Eric.

I'm gonna get rear top and tilt for my 3 point and a third function for the FEL but don't have either yet.

You could try direct messaging Mr Bitz or Dave's Tractors for an answer. As dealers they'd know for sure.

Just a thought.

/ Third function
I asked Daves (who sold me the tractor). Theirs (Branson factory I think) is a diverter and I think I want a true third function. Theirs puts the valve out on the loader torque tube and I may copy that idea. The other places to put it block access to the fuel filter or dipstick or put the valve under the oil filter where it'll get dripped on.

You'll love the top and tilt with a box blade.

/ Third function #4  
Good stuff Eric. Thanks for the info.

I have a box blade (Everything Attachments) that I haven't used yet because I'm waiting to have my top and tilt installed first.

Hope all is well in your mountains. We have a view of Mt Umunhum from our front yard.

/ Third function
With strong enough telescope you could have seen me up there yesterday. They finally opened it to the public a few weeks ago. Yesterday my wife and I drove most of the way up and hiked the last 3.7 miles to the top. The summit's less than 10 miles as the crow flies from our house but we can't see it as there's another mountain in the way.

You must get to see some excellent sunsets.

/ Third function #6  
With strong enough telescope you could have seen me up there yesterday. They finally opened it to the public a few weeks ago. Yesterday my wife and I drove most of the way up and hiked the last 3.7 miles to the top. The summit's less than 10 miles as the crow flies from our house but we can't see it as there's another mountain in the way.

You must get to see some excellent sunsets.

It's nice to watch the sun setting over your mountains. Ideally we'd have bought a place up there but it wasn't realistic... so we got a place in Mariposa County and we're quite happy there. Downside is the almost 3 hour drive but once we hit the farm roads in Santa Nella, it becomes a nice, relaxing drive.

/ Third function #7  
Pulling up an old thread, does anyone have the factory Branson 3rd function diverter installed? Are there any photos of this installed? I can't find anything on the web and very little here in the Branson forum.

I read a post that the W.R. Long kit doesn't work the same on a Branson because the system doesn't keep constant pressure on the power port so you only get 2 functions a time. Of course this post ended abruptly without follow up or photos so I'm no more informed.

When searching around I only see the Kubota's getting 3rd functions and the photos I've seen for EA with their wicked grapple just show the tractor at distance holding up a tree. I am taking possession of a new 5220R this coming Friday with the Branson factory diverter.

If anyone has the factory option and can speak from experience, with photos, I'd greatly appreciate it.

/ Third function #8  
The branson factory 3td function diverter kit includes a new FEL control with momentary button on the backside. When the button is depressed, the bucket curl function now becomes the 3rd function for grapple etc. I've found no issues with it whilst working with brush, trees, and even a carport demo project. IMG_2711.JPGIMG_2712.JPG

/ Third function #9  
Thank you for the photos and the comments. I知 feeling much better about this option with your testimony. Thanks again.

/ Third function #10  
My only concern was not going with a full 3rd function but the diverter has never inhibited me in any way that I could tell, The momentary switch makes it so quick to change between functions and the cycle times are very fast.