This could be a long night

/ This could be a long night #11  
As you get older, a big advantage of e-books is that you can enlarge the display print size and that makes reading easier.

My problem though is that I too easily fall asleep when reading and dropping a tablet is a lot more expensive than dropping a paperback!
Get a good case for your tablet. Then the screens protected.

I have tendon and nerve damage to my left thumb, so i get the drops on occasion when picking up my phone or tablet.

/ This could be a long night #12  
For whatever reason, E-books work great for me. We have quite a selection available free from our library (both e-books and audiobooks).

How does that work ("borrowing" e- or audiobooks)? Does the library have a d/l site where you can go to get them? How do you "return" them? Are they in a standard format (pdf or something similar) where you can read them on a regular computer?
I find tablets to be kind of clunky, and the screens on cellphones are way to small to make reading enjoyable.

/ This could be a long night #13  
I have an old kindle and it throws in some strange characters at times, I believe some have a 'paper' mode which I take to mean a less aggravating backlight.

/ This could be a long night #14  
As you get older, a big advantage of e-books is that you can enlarge the display print size and that makes reading easier.

My problem though is that I too easily fall asleep when reading and dropping a tablet is a lot more expensive than dropping a paperback!

:thumbsup: And dropping the tablet tends to wake me up! That can ruin an otherwise good nap.

/ This could be a long night #15  
I have an old kindle and it throws in some strange characters at times, I believe some have a 'paper' mode which I take to mean a less aggravating backlight.
I switched my screen from white with black lettering to black with white lettering. Found it easier on my eyes. There are a couple other options you can choose from.

/ This could be a long night #16  
How does that work ("borrowing" e- or audiobooks)? Does the library have a d/l site where you can go to get them? How do you "return" them? Are they in a standard format (pdf or something similar) where you can read them on a regular computer?
I find tablets to be kind of clunky, and the screens on cellphones are way to small to make reading enjoyable.

There are a couple of library apps that can be used; Overdrive and Libby. I use Overdrive, according to my local library Libby is newer and a bit nicer. You have to have a library card to access your Librarie's collection of ebooks and audiobooks. Our local library also has reciprocal agreements with other libraries to get a card from them as well.
Books can be checked out for 21 days up to 25 titles at a time.
Through the two library systems I have access to there are hundreds of thousands of titles available.

/ This could be a long night #17  
:thumbsup: And dropping the tablet tends to wake me up! That can ruin an otherwise good nap.

I use a kindle reading at night on my side.
Falling asleep and it hitting the wood floor next to the bed causes a chain reaction.
I get woke up, dearly beloved gets woke up, dearly beloved says”Jesus!, That scared me.” And I get fussed at.
Been going on that way about 10-12 years now.