This place controls just like google does.

/ This place controls just like google does. #51  
Why? This site would be kind of boring if just about tractors.
After all,,,, the owner of the site doesn't even own a tractor. :)

/ This place controls just like google does. #52  

Scroll down to the "What Would Americans Do?" part.
No surprise there.

/ This place controls just like google does. #53  
Why? This site would be kind of boring if just about tractors.

58436504.jpg

/ This place controls just like google does. #54  
   / This place controls just like google does. #55  
The owner/administrator of a website would miss us much more than we would miss them.

Not sure about that. If I leave the owner would never know the difference. If 100 of us left the owner might notice. If we ALL left.........well, what are the odds.

But there is another aspect to it. I would miss this site greatly if it was gone. If you know where to look and who to trust here there is a wealth of wisdom and know-how I have never found anywhere else. Sure I can dig around all over the internet through mountains of stupid, wrong and sometime dangerous information from who know whom but for almost anything technical or practical I can find it out here in one place from names I have come to trust.

I cannot count how many mechanical, electrical, plumbing, automotive, etc, etc problems I have had solved by the folks here.

The extent to which this is true is evidenced by something that happened a few months ago. My daughter and her husband have been having electrical issues with their well pump. She knows I'm an idiot when it comes to electricity but she texted me: "Dad, can you ask the 'tractor guys' what they think is wrong with my pump." Which I did and which 'they' were right about.

So if TBN went away it would be sorely missed by me.

Maybe not so much by the people who already know everything.

/ This place controls just like google does. #56  
Not sure about that. If I leave the owner would never know the difference. If 100 of us left the owner might notice. If we ALL left.........well, what are the odds.

But there is another aspect to it. I would miss this site greatly if it was gone. If you know where to look and who to trust here there is a wealth of wisdom and know-how I have never found anywhere else. Sure I can dig around all over the internet through mountains of stupid, wrong and sometime dangerous information from who know whom but for almost anything technical or practical I can find it out here in one place from names I have come to trust.

I cannot count how many mechanical, electrical, plumbing, automotive, etc, etc problems I have had solved by the folks here.

The extent to which this is true is evidenced by something that happened a few months ago. My daughter and her husband have been having electrical issues with their well pump. She knows I'm an idiot when it comes to electricity but she texted me: "Dad, can you ask the 'tractor guys' what they think is wrong with my pump." Which I did and which 'they' were right about.

So if TBN went away it would be sorely missed by me.

Maybe not so much by the people who already know everything.
George, the owner of this site knows exactly how many members he has and how often each posts as well as when you were here last, how many posts per day you average, how many threads you start and on and on. He misses every one he loses. Just like he values every one he gains.

/ This place controls just like google does. #57  
This site and most others are profit oriented.
And that's a good thing, right?
Love my wife, love my dog, not so much the cats but I don't love this forum and never have.....People use the word love way too loosely today, just like the word hate.
Totally agree that words have lost their meaning. Words like 'awesome' and 'hero' and 'truth' have pretty much lost any meaning at all. And that's a loss that is bigger than most people understand. But, the word 'love' has always had a very broad range of meaning and at least among English speaking people most understand that "I love cheesecake" has a very different meaning from "I love my child" or "God is love".

This forum is just that, an information portal and nothing more.
That's unfortunate in this case. For a number of reasons. First, collectively the information here is generally better 'information' than I find elsewhere. There is a HUGE difference between information and good information. Second, there are names here that I have known for 17 years. I won't claim to 'know' any of the people behind them. But I do know who I can trust. I know how to take the way some of them respond to things....like @Egon...who, I think, get's tired of my bluster. I know how to differentiate sarcasm from seriousness with these folks. I understand the sometime subtle and sometimes not so subtle humor of these guys. I know how to differentiate good natured ribbing from an insult. And if it is an insult I know it was probably deserved. There is value in all that. Not just social but practical.

And I know of only two other forums where I find this sort of value. I know scores of them where none of it applies and I frequent them ONLY when I need info I can't get anywhere else.

But lastly, I kind of don't believe you. You are here a lot. Is that just a love of information? ;-)

/ This place controls just like google does. #58  
George, the owner of this site knows exactly how many members he has and how often each posts as well as when you were here last, how many posts per day you average, how many threads you start and on and on. He misses every one he loses. Just like he values every one he gains.
That's great. I mean that genuinely. My point is in regard to income. I get that more members = more hits, etc etc. But I doubt that 1 or 10 or maybe even 100 member's activity translates into that much money especially if they are not heavy posters. Don't get me wrong, I'm one who believes that every little bit counts. But there are lot of members here.

/ This place controls just like google does. #59  
My understanding the word LOVE means when you
use it has a meaning like I love my wife she can love
me back but when you say I love my tractor can your
tractor love you??? I would think the word LOVE means
some one can love you but a piece of wood can't love you
but it can be a nice or great or wonderful piece of wood.
An old timer told me that many many moons ago

willy

/ This place controls just like google does. #60  
It's context.