This place controls just like google does.

/ This place controls just like google does. #72  
If anyone thinks the price of lumber is high
check the price for windows house type that
is. Also the foam insulation sure took a jump!
I checked the lumber company the other day
chip board is $14 1/2X4X8 sheet. What hasn't
jumped up in price????

willy
What year?

🤣

It's $43 here.

/ This place controls just like google does. #73  
I belong to several forums, but I go to this one more than all the others combined.
Why?
1) I often get useful information 2) I follow some threads just for entertainment. No useful information, just entertaining. 3) I have a lot in common with most members. I don't agree with everyone's opinions, but that is healthy as long as it doesn't become confrontational. At times it does become confrontational, and that is why we need some level of control. 4) It is one of the most active forums I have seen. Nothing is worse than a dead forum.

/ This place controls just like google does. #74  
jumped up in price????

willy
Thats cheap as hell! I could drive to Texas and back with a trailer load and be money ahead..

Did you mean $40 perhaps? :)

/ This place controls just like google does. #75  
jumped up in price????

willy
Willey, is the "4x8" part feet or inches? 😂

/ This place controls just like google does. #76  
Thats cheap as hell! I could drive to Texas and back with a trailer load and be money ahead..

Did you mean $40 perhaps? :)
$40 would be a bargain.

My. Nearest Lowe's has it for $48 a sheet.

Just a mere 7 years ago when I built my shop it was about $6 a sheet.

/ This place controls just like google does. #77  
Just bought a sawmill. That can't help much with plywood and OSB but in the short time I've had it I have a substantial pile of posts and 2x stuff and my son-in-law has a pile too. His is all cedar. Conventional wisdom is that a hobby mill will not pay for itself for the average individual and ours probably won't....but with high lumber prices we have already made a substantial bite in our initial outlay.

I have an open carport planned. I plan to sheath the roof under 5v metal roofing. Instead of OSB I will use 3/4" pine board. So in some situations you can get around plywood and OSB.

/ This place controls just like google does. #78  
Just bought a sawmill. That can't help much with plywood and OSB but in the short time I've had it I have a substantial pile of posts and 2x stuff and my son-in-law has a pile too. His is all cedar. Conventional wisdom is that a hobby mill will not pay for itself for the average individual and ours probably won't....but with high lumber prices we have already made a substantial bite in our initial outlay.

I have an open carport planned. I plan to sheath the roof under 5v metal roofing. Instead of OSB I will use 3/4" pine board. So in some situations you can get around plywood and OSB.
I would prefer to use the OSB for structural reasons and ease of building, then use pine for the siding. Yet for 48$/sheet (the price I was given last week) I plan to do the same as you. I don't have a lot of pine but do have hemlock, so that is what I will be sheathing my tractor shed with this summer.

/ This place controls just like google does. #79  
IndyJay would you believe METERS???????🤣

willy

/ This place controls just like google does. #80  
Look at like BIG pot of stew,something in pot most will like.