Thoughts on John Deere X749

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #61  
1*That's what I do with the 3 BXs.
2*Exactly why i have 3 tractors.
3*Works fine with my BX23 and it maneuvers good.
4*Ground clearance with the MMM on is not a problem I have with the BX1500 or BX23.
5*I can do anything I'd use a JD x749 for with the new BX1500 and can use the other BX1500 and the BX23 for the things i don't use the new BX1500 for.
6*I simply use each tractor for what i bought it for.
skidoo said:
Dude,
However, I think it is best for mowing duties.
1* If one can afford this and a SCUT for other duties, it is great to do loader work in the morning, mow in the afternoon, and do more loader work later in the afternoon without swapping implements.
2*Just grab the tractor that is set up for the job...
3*maybe one can put a mower under a Scut with loader attached,
but that would not be as maneuverable as the X749 alone.
4*On the other hand, the high position of the X749 mower deck does not allow for a lot of ground clearance. I would love to raise it another 2 to 4 inches In areas where I need the clearance,
5* Because I have the 2520 also, I don't worry about what the X749 can't do like a SCUT.
6*I just use it for what it does best, and use the 2520 for what it does best.

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #62  
sargex595 said:
1* At first I was upset as I could have bought the 2210 with FEL for about the same amount of money.
2* After looking them over closer, the seat (suspension) on the X595 is much more comfortable than the 2210. I have a bad back and put about 135 hrs a year using the X595 and most of it is mowing so the seat makes a huge difference for me.
3*so if mowing is your primary purpose for your tractor, the X749, X595 are the cadillac of lawn mowers.
4* I also would like a FEL but will wait and probably getting some thing like the 3320, 3520 or 3720.
5*I believe that most people don't take into consideration one of best features of the X-series and that is the suspension..
6*each time I up graded, I was worried I might be disappointed as I was very satisfied with the previous tractor but JD seems to keep improving with each new model

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1*I bought my new BX23 with mower FEL and BH for $15500.
Couldn't touch a JDx749 for that.
2*Comfort hasn't been an issue on the BX23. Doubt it would be an issue on the JD 2210 and 2305 either.
3*My BX23 and BX1500 are fine for mowing and a pleasure to drive/operate.Suspect the JD2305 and 2210 would be great also
4*I have the BX23 for the FEL work.
5*I don't need any better than I've got especially at that kind of cost - A lot of money for a little over kill to me.
6* It is my understanding An x595 is not an up grade of the 455/445 . It replaced and is the equivalent of or comparable to prior year 300 series models.
Toadays x 700 series would be the models to compare with the former 445/455 models.

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #63  
arrabil said:
BuyMTDOnline Landing Page is where the hardware is. On page 5 of the attached document, parts 1, 2, 17 (x2), 20, and 31 are needed. 9 and 10 are the cables and the rest are nuts, bolts, and washers which I'm sure I have laying around.

Thanks! I like the push-pull setup and may try to put together something like that for this winter.

Tim

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #64  
LBrown59 said:
1*I bought my new BX23 with mower FEL and BH for $15500.
Couldn't touch a JDx749 for that.
2*Comfort hasn't been an issue on the BX23. Doubt it would be an issue on the JD 2210 and 2305 either.
3*My BX23 and BX1500 are fine for mowing and a pleasure to drive/operate.Suspect the JD2305 and 2210 would be great also
4*I have the BX23 for the FEL work.
5*I don't need any better than I've got especially at that kind of cost - A lot of money for a little over kill to me.
6* It is my understanding An x595 is not an up grade of the 455/445 . It replaced and is the equivalent of or comparable to prior year 300 series models.
Toadays x 700 series would be the models to compare with the former 445/455 models.
1* You can't get a BH on an x749, or AWS on a BX23, so its a pointless comparison.
2* There is more operator room in a X749 because there are less fenders and controls in your way. For a big person I'd imagine this is highly noticeable.
3* Neither the Kubota or Deere SCUTs can mow where an X749 can. Nor can they turn as well.
5* A man with three equivalent tractors cannot have anything intelligent to say about money and overkill.
6* You are mistaken then. The X595 replaced the 455. The X749 replaced the X595. [Actually this is far more complicated... The X495 replaced the 455, the X595 was a new feature set (4WD). Then the X728 (I believe) replaced the X595 and the X749 replaced the X728, again with a new feature set (4WD + AWS). Deere left everyone in the dust with these high-end models.]

Last edited:
   / Thoughts on John Deere X749 #65  
A fool and his money will soon part...

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #66  
TimS said:
Thanks! I like the push-pull setup and may try to put together something like that for this winter.

Tim

Tim, you may want to wait until next week when I get the cable parts figured out. Unless you have the MTD parts in front of you to work from, there is a little "custom" work that needs to be done to adapt bicycle cables to their cams. New bikes don't use barrels at both ends, one side is "pinched", and I can't find any old tandem cables (not that I know they match anyway).

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #68  
I love seeing the controversy here anytime the Deere X7xx series is mentioned. I'm beginning to wonder whether the machine needs to be put into a category of it's own...especially the AWS versions. I'm obviously biased here, having close to 200 hrs. on mine already. I wouldn't compare it to a sub-CUT or even a garden tractor. I consider mine an ultimate landscaping/grounds machine. Think of it. The AWS maneuverability kicks butt for mowing and is awsome for bucket work in tight quarters. I'm running a PTO chipper and a fertilizer spreader at times too. This machine has it's own niche, and for those who can afford it, they have purchased a quite unique and well built machine. Maybe the three-point-hitch is limited, but so what? I only have enough muscle to move attachments around anyways ! No loader? Big deal! The JB Sr. has done everything I needed it to do and more. It's just great to see how many people feel that you must have a loader and a 4 wheel drive sub-CUT or your wasting your money.

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #69  
netwayne said:
If you appreciate the aviation adage of "better to have and not need than to need and not have" you might want to go for the 2305 as it really is a tractor compared to a strong riding mower and I believe has more versatility with implements. I think the two models in question price out to about the same.
Makes sense/
Good post

/ Thoughts on John Deere X749 #70  
So now we're comparing tractors with aircraft? Apples to Oranges? Doesn't make sense to me. Unless you mean if it was an aircraft, having two engines can be better than one (On the same aircraft) is the same as having two BX1500's. Fuzzy logic!!