Three day challenge

/ Three day challenge #41  
In Europe ,especially in Italy, while eating, if you don't watch, they automatically fill your glass with wine. Many times you must ask for water, never wine.

I would gently put my hand over the glass and at first, everything stopped. What's wrong, are you ok, you don't drink??? Anything??? My group got used to it but every new restaurant was the same......please amico americano just try this wine, it's the best in the world blah blah.

When I went to drunk driving school the instructor, a reformed drunk himself said, alcohol is alcohol no matter how you dress it up, he was a character. That's when I quit, graduate of dui academy!

/ Three day challenge #42  
In Europe ,especially in Italy, while eating, if you don't watch, they automatically fill your glass with wine. Many times you must ask for water, never wine.

I would gently put my hand over the glass and at first, everything stopped. What's wrong, are you ok, you don't drink??? Anything??? My group got used to it but every new restaurant was the same......please amico americano just try this wine, it's the best in the world blah blah.

When I went to drunk driving school the instructor, a reformed drunk himself said, alcohol is alcohol no matter how you dress it up, he was a character. That's when I quit, graduate of dui academy!

I bet that is one academy you did not put on your resume! lol

/ Three day challenge #43  
It's utterly bizarre to me that some of you are catching flack for declining a drink. In my circles, if you don't drink you don't drink, it's no big deal.

/ Three day challenge #44  
It's utterly bizarre to me that some of you are catching flack for declining a drink. In my circles, if you don't drink you don't drink, it's no big deal.

Having grown up with, and worked with a lot of strong willed people all my life, I'm with you. Now if you don't like BBQ, that's another story! :laughing:

/ Three day challenge #45  
When I left home to go off on my own, my dad warned me about social parties and drinking. There were parties I was expected to attend and drinking was expected, so the answer to that was a rum & coke, that way no one can tell what it is. First one was a real one, and sip very slowly and always hold it in your hand. Once it was half empty get another one without the rum (straight coke) and never let anyone get you a drink, always get it yourself. Now-a-days the folks I'm around are divided into those that drink and those that don't. Those that drink know I rarely do and are ok with it.

I decided against drinking when I talked to a couple of my classmates after they'd done something stupid and caused some damage. They said they were drunk and therefore not responsible for it. I avoided them from then on. My opinion is that you're responsible for your actions whether they turn out the way you intend or not.

/ Three day challenge #46  
Pork BBQ isn't Kosher!
As a teen we drank like crazy. One country store we would buy beer & wine the clerk one night asked me "son...how old are you?"
"15" I replied with a case of beer. "Well, at least you're honest" he said. One older looking kid would but 190 proof Everclear.
Back then sometimes police would follow me home "just drive slow...I'll follow you".
One cheap beer we got in glass gallon jars "Milwaukee"...not Old Milwaukee.
At 19 I bought a new car, then drove it off of a loading dock onto RR tracks in a drunken stupor. My Dad woke me up at 7am "there's a train coming through in 30 minutes, I don't know what you did or how you did it!" Luckily I quickly called a wrecker service that was close by and they got it out.
I don't miss those days!

/ Three day challenge #47  
^^^^
Was it "Milwaukee" or "Milwaukee's Best"? I've seen the latter on the bottom shelf but never had the urge to try it.

/ Three day challenge #48  
Well...maybe this will help some not to drink.
This is my brother on his floor in diapers, wife standing over him (I blocked faces).
Can't walk, hardly eats. This is his life.
Believe me, we've tried every intervention.
He's not old.View attachment 687095

I guess he has quit drinking alcohol.
If he hasn't, who gets him his alcohol if he can't walk?

/ Three day challenge #49  
^^^^
Was it "Milwaukee" or "Milwaukee's Best"? I've seen the latter on the bottom shelf but never had the urge to try it.
I remember it being simply "Milwaukee". We bought it because it was so inexpensive. Back then we drank for effect, not taste.
I certainly don't mean to imply drinking at all is bad, just because we don't. I'm sure the real problem is daily drinking, addiction. My brother can't walk (neuropathy), now his hands are numb. If he doesn't have a drink, I've never seen anyone shake that bad.
A few years ago when he started having trouble walking I thought it was Jake leg.

/ Three day challenge #50  
I remember it being simply "Milwaukee". We bought it because it was so inexpensive. Back then we drank for effect, not taste.
I certainly don't mean to imply drinking at all is bad, just because we don't. I'm sure the real problem is daily drinking, addiction. My brother can't walk (neuropathy), now his hands are numb. If he doesn't have a drink, I've never seen anyone shake that bad.
A few years ago when he started having trouble walking I thought it was Jake leg.

It is Milwaukees Best.

IMG_1200.JPG

Least expensive beer you can find I believe.

MoKelly