Time for a new portable generator

/ Time for a new portable generator #111  
just tested the 21 year old propane detector in the rv, went off with no trouble. good to go i guess
Just to recap, professionals and manufacturers both recommend that life-saving propane and CO2 detectors be replaced every 7 years. This is your RV and your life but for others reading this, I think it is worth restating that anyone's life is worth $50 bucks. I am off-topic here but the message is important. smoke alarms also have a shelf life of 10 years and RV smoke alarms are different than home detectors. They are much different in price but they are specific for vibrations. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

/ Time for a new portable generator #112  
Fortunately for me, I'm the only one at my house who knows how to hook the suicide cord up and all that, much less the only one who would even try to do it.

As I mentioned in my wordy post, my house connects to the utility power via a set of cartridge fuses in a "pull-panel" if that makes sense.
So I have a very good reminder to disconnect the genny before reconnecting to the mains. Also, two electricians flaked when I wanted them to modernize the main electical panel and add an interlock, proper connector for the generator, etc. Since what I have works and has a fair margin of safety, I'm saving that money up for a tractor!

/ Time for a new portable generator #113  
So it is time for a new portable generator. Wife wants one for her barn. It has a separate well and its own electical panel. Electrician will be out this month to install the proper transfer switch and 30 amp plug in.

I currently have a 6500 watt running (8500 watt surge) portable that I will be "donating" to the barn for use there. She can then have water and lights if the power is out.

For the house I want to get an inverter generator, but I need the 220v and wattage to run the well, fridge and some lights. I am willing to do load management to not run all the things at the same time. I want the inverter so I can run the router for internet and a TV while the power is out.

The house already has a transfer switch and a 30 amp plug.

I am not interested in Harbor Freight junk.

One that has caught my eye is Champion 100520 - 7000 Watt Digital Hybrid Open-Frame Electric Start Inverter Generator w/ Quiet Technology CARB

Also looking for other options. That generator would just about max out the 30 amp plug at 220v so don't really need more power. Looking for good reliability.

Generally it appears we are having about 2 power outages a year lasting about 20 hours each. Electric start is a must have for me as the Mrs. is not going to be able to pull start something that big..... heck I would struggle with it given my back.

Thanks for the input as always.
That size is probably about right to run the well without having to turn everything else off to start it. Once had a portable 4500 watt generator. Ran the refrig (2) and freezers (2) in the house plus computer and lights but had to keep the well pump off. Turned everything off when we ran the pressure down in the holding tank.

This morning, we're on whole house generator with the 12.5 kw Isuzu diesel generator driver. It has 4 circuits on load management. Everything on but 4 ton heat pump, swimming pool, one of the electric water heaters (have 2 in series) and stove top and carriage house. Got the Fujitsu split units running here in the basement. The clothes drier is on load management.

/ Time for a new portable generator
That size is probably about right to run the well without having to turn everything else off to start it. Once had a portable 4500 watt generator. Ran the refrig (2) and freezers (2) in the house plus computer and lights but had to keep the well pump off. Turned everything off when we ran the pressure down in the holding tank.

This morning, we're on whole house generator with the 12.5 kw Isuzu diesel generator driver. It has 4 circuits on load management. Everything on but 4 ton heat pump, swimming pool, one of the electric water heaters (have 2 in series) and stove top and carriage house. Got the Fujitsu split units running here in the basement. The clothes drier is on load management.
Yes as I sit here thinking that power would also be enough to run the window unti air con in the bedroom if I did not run the water at the same time. Having that capacity would also be nice during these sweltering summer days/nights we have been having.