Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #31  
Thanks all for your help. I plan on putting a deposit down today on a orange one.... L3301. Hopefully I dont have a panic attack at the last minute and decide I need a Grand L or something.
Glad to know you are moving forward! Nothing against the other brands (which I own), but good choice. I have owned 3 Kubotas. L2350 (1992) that I bought well used and used heavily for 25 years, L3800 HST that I hated because of the HST, L3710 GST that I still have and love. The L3710 is like the L4600 in frame size.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #32  
I
Just my opinion, but I love the JD quick attach system. You can get just about any attachment in the JD style, but maybe for an up charge, I’ve noticed it usually costing an extra $100 or so. The advantage of the JD system is that it doesn’t add any weight, I’ve read an SSQA takes maybe a 100 pounds of lift capacity away. The big advantage of an SSQA would be if you already a lot of attachments in that style already or know someone that did whose attachments you could borrow.
I disagree that the JDQA adds no weight. There is metal there above and beyond mere pins=added weight. There is more metal on the attachment than mere pin brackets=more weight! It is as heavy as SSQA? Perhaps not. Nor is it as common, thus a frequent up-charge for that mount. My son just had a 3025E delivered yesterday (4/15/2021) so not opposed to green, but relay facts!

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #33  
Ok, here is goes. First post... and I need help.

i have had a 1025r for 4 years that I just sold. I have the cash to roll over into a new tractor. I really enjoyed the 1025r. I moved to the country and it served its purpose well. I initially bought it because it could do a lot of different things. It was a "leatherman". However, over time, my tastes and needs have changed.

Here are my needs and use stats and how things have changed-

I live on 9 acres. This is a mix of wetland (4acres). Two acres of field. two acres of grass and miscellaneous open space (gardens, chickens, compost) walking trails. I have a 700' gravel driveway and a large pond. I heat with wood.

I cleared the snow (mid Wisconsin) with the loader. That got old really quick and i bought a plow truck.

I mowed with the tractor. While it worked fine there are a variety of trees, paths, playhouse, swingset, fences, garages, and I my boy got old enough to mow so I bought a dedicated mower.

I bought the 1025r so I could do a bit of everything but the main thing was to be able to mow and then do other chores. The chore list got long and the mowing priority disappeared.

Now that I dont need to mow with a tractor I can get a dedicated tractor that can do the other chores.

Here is my list of options-

Kubota L3301 (i would go with a L2501 but I cant find one)

Kioti CK3510se

JD 2032r

All three brands have a dealer close to me or within my county. I have sat on and operated all three and liked them all.

Pricing is close enough on all three that its not a consideration. (my budget is under 25k)

Future uses-

Grade and maintain gravel driveway

clear bits of snow and ice where the plow truck cant get to and on my pond for ice skating

move firewood and logs (I get a 13 cord truck worth every year)

add a culvert and driveway on a separate, but attached, lot I own. (included in acreage)

clear yard for landscaping project (dirt, pavers, mulch, light grading)

clean up a 300' x 40' section of a hill top for replanting trees

remove about 15 stumps and junky trees on a clearing for a future shop

I favor the Kioti with all the options on the SE but the price works out to about the same and I feel kubota has such a strong following it should be the better choice. I have a good friend that has the L3301 and cant say enough good about it. I think I am passing on the Deere. It cost more and the thing i hated about the 1025r was the deere bucket attachment system. I want SSQA for the options. Kubota pedal doesnt bother me.

My wife is sick of me deliberating and is urging me to buy something asap so all good there. Her only question is... if you die what will be easier for me to sell? I guess there is some logic there.

Help? Thoughts for my situation?

I had the L3301 and I would suggest buy once, cry once. You might as well upgrade to the next size because a good chance that's what you will want. You will hear "Upgrade to the next size of the tractor you think you need".

I upgraded to the MX5400 and so far there is a night and day difference. The PTO hp will give you the flexibility of running just about anything you need and run it well. The L3301 just handled the RCR2660 rotary cutter. I've graded my driveway last week and I could tell the bigger tractor did a much better job with the extra weight and hp.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #34  
I've no input for OP, just stopped by to say to say that my monitor's size and the forum format made for a really interesting preview of the title. Just a few letters makes quite a difference.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #35  
When I compare the weight of the JD quick connect system I’m comparing it to a pin on bucket. I have my doubts that the JD system adds much, if any weight above a pin on system. There has to be the extra metal that you refer to just so the loader arms and bucket don’t tear apart from usage.

Last edited:
   / Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #36  

i have had a 1025r for 4 years that I just sold. I have the cash to roll over into a new tractor. I really enjoyed the 1025r. I moved to the country and it served its purpose well. I initially bought it because it could do a lot of different things. It was a "leatherman". However, over time, my tastes and needs have changed.

I live on 9 acres. This is a mix of wetland (4acres). Two acres of field. two acres of grass and miscellaneous open space (gardens, chickens, compost) walking trails. I have a 700' gravel driveway and a large pond. I heat with wood.

I cleared the snow (mid Wisconsin) with the loader. That got old really quick and i bought a plow truck.

I mowed with the tractor. While it worked fine there are a variety of trees, paths, playhouse, swingset, fences, garages, and I my boy got old enough to mow so I bought a dedicated mower.

I bought the 1025r so I could do a bit of everything but the main thing was to be able to mow and then do other chores. The chore list got long and the mowing priority disappeared.

Now that I dont need to mow with a tractor I can get a dedicated tractor that can do the other chores.

Kioti CK3510se

JD 2032r

All three brands have a dealer close to me or within my county. I have sat on and operated all three and liked them all.

Pricing is close enough on all three that its not a consideration. (my budget is under 25k)

Future uses-

clear bits of snow and ice where the plow truck cant get to and on my pond for ice skating

add a culvert and driveway on a separate, but attached, lot I own. (included in acreage)

I favor the Kioti with all the options on the SE but the price works out to about the same and I feel kubota has such a strong following it should be the better choice. I have a good friend that has the L3301 and cant say enough good about it. I think I am passing on the Deere. It cost more and the thing i hated about the 1025r was the deere bucket attachment system. I want SSQA for the options. Kubota pedal doesnt bother me.

My wife is sick of me deliberating and is urging me to buy something asap so all good there. Her only question is... if you die what will be easier for me to sell? I guess there is some logic there.

I bought the Kioti CK3510SE HST last year and love it. Got a loader , tiller, stump bucket, bush hog, post hole digger and grapple. Awesome tool!

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #37  
I would go with the L2501 but there isn’t one around me.
If this is the case, why are you not considering the Kioti CK2610? Of the 25hp options on the market this tractor has the unique advantage that the engine is a detuned 35hp with large volume and has higher PTO than any 25hp tractor out there (admittedly bold statement, but of the brands available to me when I recently shopped). Like someone else pointed out, the loader on the Kioti has way more lift and 20" higher than JD, and is 1000lb better breakout force than either option.

You mentioned culverts and stumps, are you looking at a backhoe? Can't deny the Kubota backhoes, but the Kioti is also very good. You need to go 4 series with JD before you can get a backhoe that compares with either for digging force and simple things like 180 degree boom swing.

If Kioti doesn't have stock on the 25hp, Bobcat CT2025 is the same tractor and I got mine for less than a Kioti. I prefer the Bobcat backhoe which pins on/off similar to Kubota/JD. The Kioti subframe remains on the backhoe so it takes up more room stored, but some people like the design because the 3pt hitch can remain in place.

Kioti/Bobcat win on tractor weight, but Kubota is close.

L series Kubotas have the loader control up by the steering wheel, not a fan of that if using it a lot.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #38  

Kioti CK3510se

JD 2032r

Future uses-

Don't love the Kabota too much. 700' driveway to maintain with gravel will cost you every other year of replacing front axle bearings. The 3000 series tractor cannot handle 'real' weight on its front axle. My neighbors 10 year old 3000 is impeccably maintained but we have had that front axle apart 4 times. The job is not too much fun and necessary parts are about $800. Not mention when it fails without warning, you gotta pull it apart in the field.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #39  
Hopefully you have made your decision and will be happy for years to come...

But...

I would be negotiating on this instead of a new 3301.

If your dealer is charging you list (or close to it) on a 3301 with a FEL and bucket, you are looking at right around the same money (not sure on financing or if you plan on doing so, but its at a kubota dealer so they ought to be able to work something out with your large down payment).

Low hours, more hp, more weight, way more loader capacity, more rear lift, more hydraulic flow a bit larger (more comfortable work station to me), etc. Also no emission stuff, more hp for more attachments, etc.

Good luck!

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #40  
The manual for the Yanmar YT235C says first time 50 hours after that
every 200 hours/ Running low rpms means more soot! The light comes on and you hold the button down for 3 seconds and keep o;n working.

Kubota, Koiti and John Deere all have to stop to do this.
John Deere takes approx 30 to 40 min?
Koiti takes about 11 min?
Kubota takes about 20 min?

willy