Tiny Houses

/ Tiny Houses #1  

Chagit

Tractor
Case
Although the tiny house culture which has been revived with a minimalist perspective has taken its share from "the demonic disease" and seems to go beyond its purpose of existence, in the right hands it still remains attractive and adorns dreams of those who know how to enjoy life.

/ Tiny Houses #4  
no thank you....im the opposite of a minimalist.
my 4,000 SF house seams too small for me some days.

/ Tiny Houses #6  
Been there, done that, having grown up in a 720 sq ft trailer with 5 people. No thank you just the same...

When my wife and I got married we purchased a trailer, excuse me “ mobile home”, to put on our property.
It was 700 or so square feet also. Talk about cabin fever.
Really glad when we finished building our house. Not large by todays standards but plenty big for us.

/ Tiny Houses #7  
The first place I lived after getting married was an 8x35 camper set on a permanent lot in a trailer court. We lived there for a full year, even brought in the first kid while living there.

8x35 = 280 sq. ft.

/ Tiny Houses #8  
When we got married we bought a 24' by 30' (720sq ft) house. It had a nice living room with a coat closet, two bedrooms with nice sized closets, 1 bathroom with toilet, vanity, and tub. I added a shower to the tub. The kitchen had a small counter on each side of the sink, so most meals were prepared on the kitchen table before cooking. Small cabinets. Full basement that was unfinished with laundry, but could have easily added a nice recreation room, bathroom and storage room or two bedrooms.

All in all, we really liked that little house and are thinking of downsizing to that size again in the future. The reasons we sold it were that we had a 2nd child, the neighborhood was no longer safe, and we wanted a little more elbow room.

So we are currently in 1350 sq ft house on 1 acre. Now that kids are out (mostly 🤣 ) we're looking to downsize.

/ Tiny Houses #10  
I grew up in a 2200 Sq. Ft. house. Seems ok right?

I had 5 sisters. We had 2 bathrooms - one was my parent’s master bathroom.

So, I shared 1 bathroom with 5 sisters.

Not easy!

MoKelly
I am fortunate. I only had 4 sisters. 🤣