Tip of the day.

/ Tip of the day.
We go through more than 1 gallon of bar oil per year and that is exactly what we do. That is, take a knife and make a slot cut in the can seal for highly controllable pours. I'll post a pic if I can get one.
Yes, post a pic, the only way I picture it is a slit in the inner foil seal, but that doesn’t seem right.

/ Tip of the day. #42  
I use a permanent marker to write the tire pressure on the inside of tire rims. Tractor, Gator (front and back different), 2 double axel trailers, ZTR.... Just cannot remember and hard to read pressure without finding my glasses!

/ Tip of the day. #45  
Instead of pull chains for lights in our closets I installed motion sensor lights.
Hate having to find the pull chain in the dark.

/ Tip of the day. #46  
Motion sensor switches are great little gadgets. I have one in the bathroom with some under the counter edge lights set for 4 minutes. In the middle of the night I don't have to find the light switch. It turns on when I get out of bed and turns off after I'm back in bed. No more fumbling around in the dark.

I have another in a dark shed. This one is used with a lawnmower 12v battery and a string of LED lights. Been meaning to put a small solar charger on the battery but as it is connected with alligator clips it needs charging about 2 times a yr. 50ft of LED Light up the 10x16 shed pretty good. Again auto on when you open the door and off at your setting 5-15min. Need more time? Wave your arm.

/ Tip of the day. #47  
Here is the bar oil jug with a pour slot cut in its foil seal. I see a did a rather poor job cutting on this one! :ROFLMAO:

The other is how we carry bar oil and saw gas into the field when we backpack it in. This a msl fuel bottle which are leak proof since they are a pressure vessel. The oil bottle remains a bar oil bottle.
P1130373.jpg
P1130374.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tip of the day. #48  
Sometimes I use an axe or a rock as you have. :p Mostly I prefer to cut a triangle with my pocket knife.

/ Tip of the day. #49  
I use a permanent marker to write the tire pressure on the inside of tire rims. Tractor, Gator (front and back different), 2 double axel trailers, ZTR.... Just cannot remember and hard to read pressure without finding my glasses!
Paint Pens work great for filters and rims also. More permanent than a Sharpie but still comes off with brake cleaner.

/ Tip of the day. #50  
Doorbell switch for each garage door opener by each G/D, and the bank of them together at the house door. So nice to walk out the G/D and hit the switch right by it.