Tip of the day.

/ Tip of the day. #31  
One of my favorite garage investments during the last 20 years is the "Dust Deputy". This simple dust collector tied in to my ol' craftsman shop vac has saved me tons of money and countless time. The unit is mounted under the work bench, and out of the way and I have enough vacuum hose to reach every square inch of the garage.

The Dust Deputy funnels all the Dust, dirt or sawdust in to a 5 gallon bucket and leaves my shop-vac and filter empty and clean. No more replacing expensive filters.

There are less expensive clones out there now too.

/ Tip of the day.
This is probably a tip the regular chainsaw users already know or have a better container. I use this container for bar oil, the gallon jugs are just too much.
FD11EE34-7270-412A-BF4E-506170A75B1D.jpeg

/ Tip of the day. #33  
This is probably a tip the regular chainsaw users already know or have a better container. I use this container for bar oil, the gallon jugs are just too much.
View attachment 768677
A chain and bar oil tip that has save me is...
Instead of removing the entire plastic thing from the mouth of the container, put a vertical slit inline with the pour handle. Pouring it is MUCH easier to control that way. I hope that makes sense.

/ Tip of the day. #34  
Was tired of equipment keys shoved in toolbox drawer at back of garage, so I gutted this power box switch and mounted it by the garage man door, put keys on small carabiners and can now grab the key on the way out the door. It is also lockable when vacationing.

Attachments

• 20221101_173333 (1).jpg
    20221101_173333 (1).jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20221101_173502.jpg
    20221101_173502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
   / Tip of the day. #35  
Was tired of equipment keys shoved in toolbox drawer at back of garage, so I gutted this power box switch and mounted it by the garage man door, put keys on small carabiners and can now grab the key on the way out the door. It is also lockable when vacationing.
Now, That's a great idea. Thanks!

/ Tip of the day. #36  
Late to the party. About stinky garbage, we found out with the first child many years ago, orange peels worked well reducing the smell of diaper pails. Works with garbage also. Jon

/ Tip of the day. #37  

Like this

/ Tip of the day. #39  
A chain and bar oil tip that has save me is...
Instead of removing the entire plastic thing from the mouth of the container, put a vertical slit inline with the pour handle. Pouring it is MUCH easier to control that way. I hope that makes sense.
We go through more than 1 gallon of bar oil per year and that is exactly what we do. That is, take a knife and make a slot cut in the can seal for highly controllable pours. I'll post a pic if I can get one.

/ Tip of the day.
Rolling cart. I was tired of my tools, parts etc laying all over the floor. I bought this cart a few years ago and use it all the time. I end up using the lower level a lot if I’m working on the floor. If your doing something like a brake job you just wheel it to the other side when finished on one side.
90504E1C-0F50-4B1C-83CC-6101A240891A.jpeg