Tip of the day.

/ Tip of the day. #141  
I keep finding new uses for my hydraulic lift, roll-around shop cart. Discount tool outlets sell them.

Heavy items in your pickup truck can be slid onto it at tailgate height, rolled elsewhere, and then eased almost to the ground where you can deal with it. Or reverse that process to load your truck.

If you have a portable vise, you can stabilize it on your cart table, clamp your workpiece, and adjust the height to comfortably drill it, grind it, paint it...

It can be an improvised table extension for cutting long pieces, or as an outfeed table. Matching the heights is easy. Matching higher table heights, like my radial arm saw, requires some blocks on the cart table.

My buddy was a pro cabinet installer. When doing kitchens
He would put this unit on the base cabinet plywood top and jack the upper cabinets into position. Then he could take his time scribing the cabinet in for the perfect fit or fastening it to the wall.

Last edited:
   / Tip of the day. #142  
I've bought about 6 of those and the Justrite AccuFlow 5 Gallon over the last 10 years. I think I've had to replace one of the gaskets IIRC. They take a lickin and keep on tick'n.

Yeah, when I bought mine they were going normally for ~$65, on sale for $45 or less.
Ya, When I started buying them, seems like they were 60 something but that many years ago. I'd guess you know you can get parts for them? Seems you could throw away 3 plastic cans for there current price but I don't know what the junk version of platic fuel costs these days. No need to check. :LOL:

/ Tip of the day. #143  
I made those desks for my sons when they were in grade school. Worked well and were cheap.
My wife is still on a door table over 2 filing cabinets. I originally bought a $10 damaged door at lowes and glued a sheet of white formica on the top and used some black for the edge (all leftover scrap). Later I added a pull out keyboard tray to the underside and this rig is still going strong 22 years later... of course one more piece of paper won't fit in her file cabinets. lol

/ Tip of the day. #144  
File cabinet drawers are the only ones big enough in my shop to hold my welding helmets. Keeps them relatively clean. Greens and gloves in the bottom one.

/ Tip of the day. #145  
File cabinet drawers are the only ones big enough in my shop to hold my welding helmets. Keeps them relatively clean. Greens and gloves in the bottom one.
ok I'm going to have to steal that idea
mine just hangs from a hook on the cart but it gets dusty
though that does give me an incentive to wash the shield a bit more often, gets hazy pretty quick using flux core wire *cough*

/ Tip of the day. #146  
Something that has proven to be very useful for me is a battery operated fire "bellow". If you have a fireplace you may want to get one. Every one here loves it. I used to use a long half inch piece of pvc to blow air when I was working on starting a fire in the fireplace - it worked but was a hassle. This item (see below) is a real game changer - it just takes a few seconds to have that fire roar up and generate the heat to start the logs. When I bought it I thought it was expensive for what it was (I paid $28), but now I see they are only $17. I would buy it again even at the higher price if this one went out on me.

/ Tip of the day. #147  
ok I'm going to have to steal that idea
mine just hangs from a hook on the cart but it gets dusty
though that does give me an incentive to wash the shield a bit more often, gets hazy pretty quick using flux core wire *cough*
Use an old pillowcase for my helmet. Keeps it clean, can still hang on a hook.

/ Tip of the day. #148  
I've bought about 6 of those and the Justrite AccuFlow 5 Gallon over the last 10 years. I think I've had to replace one of the gaskets IIRC. They take a lickin and keep on tick'n.

Yeah, when I bought mine they were going normally for ~$65, on sale for $45 or less.
Wow just checked the link from ArivA above. Now $132 for the (type2) Eagle U2-51-S, then $115 for the Eagle U2-51-SX5 (type2), and $62.50 for the (type1) Eagle UI-50-FS.
Okay I see on the cheaper one, a funnel instead of a spout. What is type1-type2? No idea, I must have missed it? Everything seems to be a research project just to figure out WHAT you are getting / paying for! :)
Then there is the Justrite 7250120 (type2) for $115 which "seems" to compare to the expensive Eagle model ($132). This says:
  • Made in: United States
  • Country of origin: China
Sure, I missed some details on the product descriptions...

/ Tip of the day. #149  
Okay, I looked it up if anyone interested. What is the difference between Type I and Type II Safety Cans? Type I safety cans only have 1 opening – pour & fill from the same opening. Type II safety cans have 2 openings – one for pouring and one for filling – the fill opening serves as a vent when pouring.

/ Tip of the day. #150  
Wow just checked the link from ArivA above. Now $132 for the (type2) Eagle U2-51-S, then $115 for the Eagle U2-51-SX5 (type2), and $62.50 for the (type1) Eagle UI-50-FS.
Okay I see on the cheaper one, a funnel instead of a spout. What is type1-type2? No idea, I must have missed it? Everything seems to be a research project just to figure out WHAT you are getting / paying for! :)
Then there is the Justrite 7250120 (type2) for $115 which "seems" to compare to the expensive Eagle model ($132). This says:
  • Made in: United States
  • Country of origin: China
Sure, I missed some details on the product descriptions...
Yeah, I think product descriptions must be automated. Like when you want the size of an item, they list the size of its box.